MTNTK and other fix kits

[Freerider]-

Reaction score
I've been reading back in the forums and trying to decide on what i want to do. 14' motor is getting up there in miles and I don't feel like being stranded out back. I'm wondering how everyone's kits are holding up, and how many miles they have on them now? I'm really considering the MTNTK kit with the 13:1 head as I'd like to get a little more juice out of the motor.

More input the better, Thanks!

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
I highly recommend running the fix kit, you will gain 100 rpm at least, engine runs much smoother as well. With the head and fix kit you can expect to gain 7-8 hp. Check your cylinders for cracks carefully before reassembly. If your curious check ebay, lots of choices of fix kits with wrist pin bearings and full gasket sets included and forged or cast piston. I went with the wiesco's just be more cautious with a full warmup before running it hard if you go with forged.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MTNTK fix kit and drop in kit are excellent quality. Since you have a 14 you likely won't find the issues the 11-13 suffer from. Polaris did increase thicknesses which improved the older sled issues. I just pulled the pistons out of my sons 14 and they were perfect. Could have easily got away with new pistons and rings but chose the drop in kit. 7-8 more hp make the sled run strong. Very happy with the results.

Reaction score
More power and reliability can be found with the bikeman 860 reliability big bore I absolutely loved mine tons of power had no issues and sled ran great

Top Bottom