Mountain sleds??

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely can, atleast 3-4 more beer;)......... a guy could probably use those extra beer after a day on a doo, kinda like a few beers after work......LOL:cool:

Yes sir!

Sent from my white iPhone 4

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
honestly new to new i have only ever ridden a cat for any real riding, but i love my M8, great power, right now, didnt run into anything i couldnt do that a doo could, aside from the doo having a better rider...that said go out, ride a few, see what you like better....i jumped on an xp one day and felt like i was going lay it over just leaning, and i prefer to have to give a little pull to get her over....just a personal thing.....choose what works for you

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ALL sled brands these days are good. Some work better for situations and they all have different problems. I am Polaris man and currently own a 2009 dragon 800 155' track, sled runs amazingly with some mods on it. Maybe look for a lightly used 2010 dragon 800? or the new doo's are pretty nice. The new cats sound amazing but will have to wait for winter to come to see what they're like. I'd check out the new pro if I was you, maybe get a lightly used 2011?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not too sure how I feel going Polaris. Had too much of a terrible experience with their quads. Cat seems interesting, especially with that new long travel suspension. I've only owned 'Doo so It might be easier to get used to again going with them.

Hmmmm.....

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
M8 options

Bought my M 1000 from these guys. Was a long drive to get it but............ I got a once in a lifetime deal on it. Not great for service there but great to deal with. You have a Cat dealer close so you,ll be ok. As everyone says RIDE as many as you can to get a feel for them. Best of luck Manno !!

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'm cool with a drive and my truck is good on gas. Thanks for the link!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never had a bad day in the mountains no matter what I am riding!...still smiling ear to ear!:d

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you buy your sled based of dealer service? I would buy the sled that best fits my style of riding (tree smacking, rolling etc) so power to weight would be my biggest factor. That's why I would buy a doo.

Or unless grease scares you and tthink twisting wrenches is for 400 pound 6 foot Turbo wrench monkeys.. then sure.. buy a sled from the dealer that will fix it for you. Just saying.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

It sucks missing a weekend waiting for parts to come in the mail.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sucks missing a weekend waiting for parts to come in the mail.
To avoid waiting for parts. M8. Most reliable 2 stroke out there. So maybe a close dealer wont be such a big deal. And stay away from city shops whenever possible. They only want your $$$$ and really have no clue what works in the alpine. Has echo cycle ever climbed with Brent linderman..... Never. So deal with bc dealers whenever possible. Even for advise on set up

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know if I lived in Edmonton I would make the drive to Bonnyville to see Terry or Mark at TT Power Sports.
You can't find a better dealership, and just because they live on the flatland doesn't mean they don't know how to set up a sled for the mountains.:cool:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. Lots of great advice here. Might have to head to Bonnyville one of these days soon

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To avoid waiting for parts. M8. Most reliable 2 stroke out there. So maybe a close dealer wont be such a big deal. And stay away from city shops whenever possible. They only want your $$$$ and really have no clue what works in the alpine. Has echo cycle ever climbed with Brent linderman..... Never. So deal with bc dealers whenever possible. Even for advise on set up

Maybe so, but if a guy blows a belt, and it's 3-4 days away, are you going to be stoked? Nope.

Every machine will need parts, it's nice to be able to go up to a counter and pick up the easy stuff. That and paying frieght on something small is a real kick in the pants.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe so, but if a guy blows a belt, and it's 3-4 days away, are you going to be stoked? Nope.

Every machine will need parts, it's nice to be able to go up to a counter and pick up the easy stuff. That and paying frieght on something small is a real kick in the pants.

Then I hope you learned your lesson and keep a spair! :d but in all honesty, traveling for the better deal isn't bad. Since I'm in edmonton I can go to just about any dealer for parts after the sale.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there's 2 sets of plugs, as well as 2 belts on my sled. Never be to prepared.

Also, buy muff pots. They win.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then I hope you learned your lesson and keep a spair! :d but in all honesty, traveling for the better deal isn't bad. Since I'm in edmonton I can go to just about any dealer for parts after the sale.

I always keep a spare, but sometimes, shite happens.... :)

In the end, they are all fun, and all ticking time bombs, whichever you feel better putting in your truck, no?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always keep a spare, but sometimes, shite happens.... :)

In the end, they are all fun, and all ticking time bombs, whichever you feel better putting in your truck, no?

You got it... 2 belts in 1 day means Monday.

And yes, couldn't agree more. Though usually people want the best in the back of their truck I'll be happy with which I get. Usually the best deal! :)

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp. Parts in 3-4 days. Very important when you bust something
I highly agree. Whenever I have needed parts for my can am the most I've ever had to wait is 3 days. And I have needed tons of parts considering I rolled my quad and had to put a new frame into it. You can only imagine all the other parts I needed to replace.

Top Bottom