Mountain sleds??

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo all the way if u wanna xp go 2010 or newer other than that there is some pretty mint revs out there still kijiji has lots of good deals!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to hit up Kijiji. Thanks. Anything to look for in particular with the revs?

Sent from my white iPhone 4

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can live with that, heck, buy it off you right now lol haha

Sent from my white iPhone 4

K. $11,000 hahaha.
There's a Rev at Mr R's. In lethbridge for a good price. Its my dad's old one and just had a fresh motor put into it. Very nice sled and well taken care of. Half price of newer sleds too.

sent from my android

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just the usual with revs look closely to the nun and bulkhead makesure they aren't cracked or beat up. Anything over 2000km u are gonna be looking at a top end soon but that's no big deal really. I still have my 04 highmark it has 5500 hard mountain kms on it I rebuilt it once so probably due again. I spring checked a 2012 but I will always keep the rev around.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Delusional

Well I'm sure you know my opinion haha. You can get 11's for good prices these days. Top to bottom, my vote would be ski doo with etec first, polaris pro second, yamaha third, and cat last.
I prefer 2 stroke just for how light they are.

sent from my android

Don't listen to him....he's Delusional!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thanks for the offers, but I'm never one to buy "lots of extras" already on a sled. I always gotta be the one to do the mods. Its not that I think its abused, but I prefer doing my own work, even if I like the mods that are done to it. Generally, the more stock, the more likely I'd but it. None the less, keep the posts coming! :)

Lots of extras include a MBRP can, cooker, spare belt, spare plugs, vents, HD bumper for towing your Polaris buddies, gas tank, HD rear spring, lower gearing, nothing real drastic just functional things.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And only driven on Sunday's to church by his mom:d.......can you spell dilusional???

Do yourself a favour and look at Arctic Cat:beer::beer:

Answer me this. Why would he want a cat?
Considering their 1000's have the same power as a stock 800 etec, and the cats are heavier.... I see no benefit.
If you think that I'm delusional, that's fine. Go ahead. I'm OK with that. I'll continue beating cats.

sent from my android

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from a doo older than 2011. The 800r is good for 2-3000 km on the top ends. The you replace the pistons and she needs a short block by 4000-5000 k. M8 top end is good for 5000 miles easy. Diamond drive issue is misunderstood. Change your diamond drive oil 2 times a year and they stAnd up real well. Most guys first diamond drive service is when it blow with the origonal oil still in them Also as your talent as a sledder fGrows you can turbo a cat and still have a more reliable sled than a xp or rev. IMO

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Answer me this. Why would he want a cat?
Considering their 1000's have the same power as a stock 800 etec, and the cats are heavier.... I see no benefit.
If you think that I'm delusional, that's fine. Go ahead. I'm OK with that. I'll continue beating cats.

sent from my android
That's it! I am phoning the SPCA regarding your abuse of cats have you no shame! Now who's delusional????Well??

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do yourself a favor and try out all three, everyone on here will bash everything they don't own, a few friends and I bought new sleds this year, we all tried out different brands and we all ended up with different sleds, 4 cats, 3 doo's, and a polaris in our group now, they are all good machines, each have their issues, and they all handle different. I can't stand doo's and have zero ability on them, it's just me though as my test ride went good enough it was my first choice but my salesman wasn't willing to deal and after picking up my m8 I have gotten to the point I don't like anything else, we were all green to start this year, and my buddies that ride them are great on them, don't even bother reading up everyone's retarded opinions as they are not substiantiated ever and may mislead you into a bad purchase. Since joining this site I have read bashing, especially with the 800 dragons, yet I met a pile of guys this winter that have never had an issue. I would set a limit on what you want to spend, do a few test rides and go from there

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dragons were extremely temperamental. Don't see many in the hills anymore.

Don't buy the 07 rev, it was like the evil red head step child of the make.

Everyone likes there own stuff and its the greatest. Just try out the different sleds now see'ing as they have drastically changed since when you got out.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from a doo older than 2011. The 800r is good for 2-3000 km on the top ends. The you replace the pistons and she needs a short block by 4000-5000 k. M8 top end is good for 5000 miles easy. Diamond drive issue is misunderstood. Change your diamond drive oil 2 times a year and they stAnd up real well. Most guys first diamond drive service is when it blow with the origonal oil still in them Also as your talent as a sledder fGrows you can turbo a cat and still have a more reliable sled than a xp or rev. IMO

listen to this guy. he clearly knows whats up.

Sparky's

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just be sure its what you like and dont mind haven to turn a few wrenches on it. No matter the brand it will break and you will call it a peace of Crap form time to time(mostly caused by the rider!). Take your time and read up lots into the sleds of the day! The new cats are into there first year of the new chassis and may have some growing pains. Ski-doo everyone has one. Polaris has had 800 motor problems in the past but seem to be doing very well in the past year. Yamaha is just reliable all around but heavy sled it is! I do ride a Polaris, but in a year or two may consider a Cat for my next sled.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When's the last time a short block came up in conversation with cat owners. I ride 2 yami turbos and have seen it happen time and again. Doos go boom. So since a yami turbo might not be in the budget for this fella. M8 all day!! A boosted m8 will out last any 800r Or you can trust Maxwell

Top Bottom