Motor Mount Problems-01 800 RMK

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I have my motor ready to go in and I think my builder put the motor mounts on the wrong sides...I need to pull them and switch but don't have the torque spec for the bolts on the bottom of the motor...any anyone know?
See diagram...bolt #25 is what I'm looking for (well actually all four of the bolts)

Attachments

• 6454_6149c006[1].jpg
    6454_6149c006[1].jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 104

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on my 02 they call for 45- 48 ft lbs for the plate to the bottom of motor

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
He's a good builder so why would I think he didn't torque them to spec?

QUOTE=Summitric;47900]DID YOU GET AHOLD OF YOUR ENGINE BUILDER(BILL) TO SEE WHAT HE HAS THE REST TORQUED TO???:confused:[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
WHO SAID THAT WAS SPEC.....BECAUSE EVERY ENGINE BUILDER HAS THEIR SECRETS, AND MAYBE HE HAS A SPECIAL TORQUE VALUE...... ALSO RMK800 SAID THAT WAS FOR BOLTING THE PLATE IN PLACE, WHEN IN REALITY THERE ARE SOME ENGINES THAT USE STUDS AND NUTS HOLD THE PLATE ONTO THE ENGINE... JUST BEING SAFE FOR YOU.........;)

• Admin

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I went to Polaris and they quoted 45-48 as well...Oh, and Bill (my motor builder) told me the spec is 45-48 when he put it together...it's all good buddy, thanks for looking out for me...appreciate that.
WHO SAID THAT WAS SPEC.....BECAUSE EVERY ENGINE BUILDER HAS THEIR SECRETS, AND MAYBE HE HAS A SPECIAL TORQUE VALUE...... ALSO RMK800 SAID THAT WAS FOR BOLTING THE PLATE IN PLACE, WHEN IN REALITY THERE ARE SOME ENGINES THAT USE STUDS AND NUTS HOLD THE PLATE ONTO THE ENGINE... JUST BEING SAFE FOR YOU.........;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom