Morning

Mike 66

Reaction score
Morning guys I need help I have a 2013 Arctic cat 1100 turbo with 5000 km on it I keep going through belts. Is there something I’m do wrong here I can’t seem to get over 300 km to one and I’m not a hard rider been like this since it was new also when I but the belt on yesterday day the clutch starts squeak when it sits there and Idols so I have no clue what to do here need some guidance any help would be good. Also any one having problems the the cat 9000 or should I say f$&?k it and bye a ski doo

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning guys I need help I have a 2013 Arctic cat 1100 turbo with 5000 km on it I keep going through belts. Is there something I’m do wrong here I can’t seem to get over 300 km to one and I’m not a hard rider been like this since it was new also when I but the belt on yesterday day the clutch starts squeak when it sits there and Idols so I have no clue what to do here need some guidance any help would be good. Also any one having problems the the cat 9000 or should I say f$&?k it and bye a ski doo
Squealing belt means it’s to tight. Belt issues on 1100’s can be fixed. Its not easy.but Arctic Edge in blairmore has a brace and alignment set up that can help for sure.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an M9000 kingcat. A 2017 162”. I actually really liked it, but It didn’t really fit my riding “style”. Ie: upside down or flopped over alot. If you tend to keep it rubber side down all the time, giver! The 998 is a absolute torque monster.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This kit form Cat worked for many of us: 1702-466. Prior to 2015 the engine mounts were not machined properly and the shaft flexed too much.

Look at a Ron Ward Twister clutch kit (or at least the torsional secondary upgrade). Run an Utlimax XS809 belt if your center to center is slightly long like many were, or XS823 if C to C is good.

These are the basics. There are several other things but the shaft/mount kit and torsional conversion for the secondary with adjustable weights for the primary have been quite effective.

You can add engine snubbers, upgrade gears and chain to HYVO, float the secondary, all in an effort to further help.

Hardcoresledder has tons of information if you look over there.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This kit form Cat worked for many of us: 1702-466. Prior to 2015 the engine mounts were not machined properly and the shaft flexed too much.

Look at a Ron Ward Twister clutch kit (or at least the torsional secondary upgrade). Run an Utlimax XS809 belt if your center to center is slightly long like many were, or XS823 if C to C is good.

These are the basics. There are several other things but the shaft/mount kit and torsional conversion for the secondary with adjustable weights for the primary have been quite effective.

You can add engine snubbers, upgrade gears and chain to HYVO, float the secondary, all in an effort to further help.

Hardcoresledder has tons of information if you look over there.
What he said - and also make sure your clutches are aligned and that your secondary has only 1/16" of the belt above the sheave. Likely you are out of alignment though, may need new motor mounts.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
okay or should i sell the dam thing and bye a new one ?
You asked for some possible solutions and got them. No one said "sell it" from what I read but sounds like maybe the answer you want is "buy a new one" - so go ahead and sell it. I'll buy this one from you for $500 since its clearly got issues that can't be fixed. Offer expires in 24 hours.

Top Bottom