morinville and area

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it would be worth the effort. It isnt like we have alot of trails around here. IMO.

Andrew.L

Reaction score
lol good luck.

i use to live there.
I got a ticket for starting my bike in the drive way and it "disturbing the peace"
some guy last winter had his quad seized while plowing his driveway with it because his "front tires were on the road and he does not have a license plate on it"

the peace officers will put a stop to that faster than you can imagine.

mikebeaver

Reaction score
Ok just to clarify I don’t plan to ride in town. The whole idea is to get like minded people together for quading. There are a lot of areas within 1.5 hours from morinville. I have a group to ride with just wanted to see if there was any interest in a informal club. Cheers

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be a good idea if you guys could become the stewards of the Long Island Lake area. Trails are getting pretty beat out there and it would be nice if there was an organized group to take care of it.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like riding out there too but isnt there already a club that runs it? What about the snowmobile club out there? Are they even around still?

crushd

Reaction score
Another option would be to join an existing club, Redwater has a club and I think there is one in Alberta Beach

mikebeaver

Reaction score
Seems to me people will find any reason not to do this. If anyone still has any interest just pm me. The idea is to get together once or twice a month over a beer or two and plan a ride or maybe fix up long island lake. Cheers.

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never heard of redwater having a club

Redwater does not have a club, the Club is called the Redwater Riders' Club, who are a regisered non profit society group, and have been the reason this Redwater Natural Area is still open for the public to use as a multi use (ATV/UTV/Two Wheeler,) (The horse people have a fenced off area of their own) off highway riding area for many years, some where around 20 years. Contact is the Scona Cycle Company in Edmonton.. If you are looking for a group to hold hands with while you are riding, this is not the culb to join, but if you are looking to have a place to ride in/on in the future this is the club you should consider supporting.

Bruce

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redwater does not have a club, the Club is called the Redwater Riders' Club, who are a regisered non profit society group, and have been the reason this Redwater Natural Area is still open for the public to use as a multi use (ATV/UTV/Two Wheeler,) (The horse people have a fenced off area of their own) off highway riding area for many years, some where around 20 years. Contact is the Scona Cycle Company in Edmonton.. If you are looking for a group to hold hands with while you are riding, this is not the culb to join, but if you are looking to have a place to ride in/on in the future this is the club you should consider supporting.

Bruce

Been from redwater all my life. I know there's no club. Just questioning him

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been from redwater all my life. I know there's no club. Just questioning him

I am cool with this, should have mentioned that the club at Alberta Beach is called, The Lac Ste Anne ATV Club. It sounds like they will be expanding their riding area to include some of the Stanger Hills Area and South of there, do a search on the club for more info.

Bruce.

Last edited:

mikebeaver

Reaction score
Ok lets try this one more time. Not looking for another club, not wanting to hold hands just looking to expand my riding group and since i live in morinville thought it would be a good idea to do it here if you have no intrest no problem. CHEERS

crushd

Reaction score
Sorry about the misinformation about the Redwater "club" I guess I misunderstood the purpose of the group. That being said still might be a worthwhile group to join

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems to me people will find any reason not to do this. If anyone still has any interest just pm me. The idea is to get together once or twice a month over a beer or two and plan a ride or maybe fix up long island lake. Cheers.
I hate to say this but, in the past few years the amount of riders using the trails at Long Island has grown to a point where there are too many. This is a local riding area which we don't ride as much anymore because of this, if you been there and witnessed the ch!t show at the sand pits you will know what I'm talking about. Anybody talking about doing any fixing needs to be careful as this area has many political agendas between groups, the sled group and the cowboys would like nothing more than to see the end of atving, this would be a sad day if it ever happened. RESPECT, thats what is missing on the trails at Long Island Lake.

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike, anytime you want to go riding and are looking' for someone to ride with let me know. Won't be able to ride before July but we can sort that out after, and who knows, if a bit of trail Maint in the summer/fall needs to be done then it can only help out us snowfolk out when it comes time to clean the trail up for winter!!!!! I'm in!

Top Bottom