Montana trip

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
hey guys and gals...

me and the gf and another couple are planning on a trip down to montana. it wont be until march but i figured i better get some info now.
im just wondering where a good place to go is. ive been looking online and thought it would be nice to ride around old faithful area.
the girls are pretty green and kinda looking for trail riding but then some areas where the boys can go off and play in some pow.

wondering where good decent priced places to stay are?
id like somewhere we could just ride from like a cabin kinda thing..
im not too picky on places. im headed from ab..would like to stay on the northern side

any info would be awesome...
and thanks in advance..

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best all around riding down there is west yellowstone. Talk to Clayton at the moose creek cabins. Can ride on every street in town except for the two main roads going through town.
Clayton is a great guy, and will let you know where you would enjoy riding the most. The south plateau is a huge trail that loops around and you end up back in town. Lots of powder places along the trail too. If you're more into extreme riding, there is big sky, and red canyon to the north.
There is a bar called the happy hour on your way to big sky and red canyon as well.
I've only been down there two times now, but will be going back again. Wanna take my sled through the McDonald's drive through this year. :D

Sent from my Desire HD

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, if you want to go see old faithful, you can sled there, but only with a guide and rented 4 stroke sleds. The other option is to take a bus or van. (No alcohol allowed in the busses unless you can fill the bus with people you know)

Sent from my Desire HD

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glen Colbert used to run Rocky Mountain Tours out of Edmonton, had trips to West Yellowstone and Revy. Not sure if they are still doing that or not. Rocky Mountain Tours (780) 464-6268. I know a few people that went down there with them. None had anything bad to say.

Last edited:

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
thanks underdog. looks like some nice cabins.
ive done lots of online searching just like to hear fomr people that are from there or go there:):)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok my bad. I got my locations mixed up. DAN, owns those cabins. Dan and Brenda.

Sent from my Desire HD

Top Bottom