Modular Helmet

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking of trying a modular helmet next year. I have tried everything in the past. Goggles have worked great. Now the glasses I must wear underneath the goggles did not work out great.

My thinking is that if all I have to do is when i stop or get stuck is flip up the helmet it means the quickest rate I can do that also its simple to get going again.

The thing I don't know about them is if there is decent ventilation in the front. The helmet seems to rely on the "mask" you wear inside the helmet that you breath into that exhausts out the helmet. Cool idea but I just don't know if that would work for me. Can you ride without the mask thing? I just imagine that thing getting nasty after a while of riding. I used to ride with a no fog mask and it just felt strange and was sweaty and just not fun to ride with. I just breath way more than most and do not ventilate very well as a person in general.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't offer insight into the glasses situation. I will say that for anyone in the market for a normal modular helmet, please don't buy the HJC IS-Max. It is crap. Everything else is better.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They work great. I have a Bombardier version and its great even with the mask. I just change the filters in the mask every now and then and every time we stop i shake it to get some of the moisture out of the mask. Never had a fogging problem with it. Worth the extra money to get the bombardier version for sure.

Top Bottom