MNTK turbo pro vs M1000 mod

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the seat apart and the plastic frame I cut 12" out and overlapped and riveted the two ends together. Cut the foam and shaped it. I then got a upholstery shop to glue the foam together and sew the original cover on. It ways 8 lbs,( stock seat is 18 lbs ) and still has pretty decent storage. I like that it is very easy to swing my legs around and nice and low.

that's badass man..nicely done..looks factory.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got out yesterday for some preseason baseline testing. Paul has his sled ripping at 12 lbs of boost and the new tune. Looks like the rivalry will not even be close this year!! Still a chance I can compete in the short steep climbs but the long pulls will be game over!! Heading to valemount next weekend finally so will see how bad he kills me. Maybe there will be a few T3s I can try to keep up with.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12 lbs...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 320

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
You will kill the T 3's no worries and its gonna take me a bit to get the old clutching dialled in so it may be closer than you think. I am gonna turn my boost down a bit too, 9 pds is the spot I wanna be so all in all we will be in the same ballpark, you may be on second while I am rounding third ha ha.

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I would hope you could smack around some t'3's with your Cat. Otherwise I would be disappointed.... They do work pretty darn good tho, especially the 74's

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niner's 1000 against the the t3 will be a joke . IMO
Niner will kill the stock Doo .
200 hp and a 174 also , come on .
Lol

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We threw a t3 full of fuel and a few light weight mods done on the scale a while back, he came in 540lbs, so going by your empty numbers I'm guessing your twenty lbs more than t3... You will and should have the hp by a margin, so it should be close I would guess to the edge to your self... Just make sure there is know big bore on the doo...lots of them out there and then cards will be swaped

Ya I would hope you could smack around some t'3's with your Cat. Otherwise I would be disappointed.... They do work pretty darn good tho, especially the 74's

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Niner ain't got no t-motion , could be close !!!!!!! LOL.
I've got a ice age promotion coming in the mail so we will see. It's going to be really close. For investment sake I hope it beats me, would be a lot less work to run a stocker over a mod.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a ice age promotion coming in the mail so we will see. It's going to be really close. For investment sake I hope it beats me, would be a lot less work to run a stocker over a mod.

I like readin the posts about you and Paul competing, makes it a bit more interesting and fun.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well if you can't beat em, join em. Just picked up a 13 pro and going to be a fun winter. MTNTK turbo from Chrisco and a 174 3" going in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 207

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joking aside it sounds like it will be a ripper when your done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Now I gotta figure out some secret mods so my pro can beat niners!!! It will be awesome to see how much his riding changes on this machine, I know my game stepped up and it wasn't from extra talent that's for sure.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty excited about the new ride. Just confused what to do with my 1000. I could use the track and ice age rails on the new build to save a few bucks. But then I should part the rest out. But the parts aren't worth as much anymore as less guys are building mods. Could put my old track and rails on and sell for less. Other thought is if I listen to all the doo guys is I will need a spare sled with the poo. Just hard to let the ol 1000 go. It was a ripper.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah man Id just keep it as a spare sled. When you put 25,000$ in a sled, then sell it for like 4g it kinda hurts...lol

And you cant really compare mod sleds to stock,(stock T3 is pretty slick, so I see how a person could)

I here modded up T3's work not too shabby.:beer:

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
niner and catman, this is one of the best threads ive read in awhile.

Every page of this thread made me want to turbo my pro more and more haha

I think i'll subscribe :beer:

Top Bottom