Missing Couple From St Albert..... Last seen in Edson

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard in the news this morning that the RCMP are looking for a welder that did some welding on the hitch of the motor home. The hitch that was pulling their car.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard in the news this morning that the RCMP are looking for a welder that did some welding on the hitch of the motor home. The hitch that was pulling their car.
..yep heard that too! hopefully this thread got the eye of someone..but i dont see that post 77..is it deleted ??..hope they find this guy b4 summer..or sooner!

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for the welder that modified the brackets on the vehicle from a ford, they need him to say it is specific to that vehicle. The RCMP must have the tow bar that was needed to tow it in there possesion from someone. Hope the nab the SOB.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see what you are saying.
That could be a BIG step forward in solving this case.

Guess it was was a coincidence that the S&M post and the news headline showed up instantaneously....
Looking for the welder that modified the brackets on the vehicle from a ford, they need him to say it is specific to that vehicle. The RCMP must have the tow bar that was needed to tow it in there possesion from someone. Hope the nab the SOB.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Actually they are looking for the person, (the welder) that modified the tow bar from Mr McCann's Ford Pickup to fit his Hyundai Tucson. The tow bar is attached to the Hyundai which the RCMP recovered long ago.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm lost here... What are you trying to say?
Actually they are looking for the person, (the welder) that modified the tow bar from Mr McCann's Ford Pickup to fit his Hyundai Tucson. The tow bar is attached to the Hyundai which the RCMP recovered long ago.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

poor guy is probably hinding scared thinking someone thinks he's the suspect... RCMP should be more clear if the welder isn't a suspect... id be nervous... triing to figure out why???

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have nothing to hide, then come forward. Simple as that.

bullch!t cops lie all the time to make things fit. Tell them as little as they need to know. Withholding evidence is one thing, but wouldn't be the first or last innocent person to get something pinned on them they had nothing to do with. It's a very thin line, you want to help them as much as you can, but cops need to pin it on someone whether it fits perfect or not and there's a risk involved.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
poor guy is probably hinding scared thinking someone thinks he's the suspect... RCMP should be more clear if the welder isn't a suspect... id be nervous... triing to figure out why???

Unless they gave him something in writing that he is not a suspect I agree he shouldn't tell them a dahm thing.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after thinking more... i believe CUSO is write... this guy would know if he is/should be a suspect... if he has nothing to hide then come forward... i don't believe for a second that cops would fabricate enough to charge someone completely inocent (we have a lot more solved crimes for starters)... but this is not intent of this post... lets keep this post clean before it gets turned off... the family deserves any help or answers they may get... and the more people talk about this case the better chance it has of not being shelfed in cabinet somehwere just to be opened in 10 years on cold case files...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after thinking more... i believe CUSO is write... this guy would know if he is/should be a suspect... if he has nothing to hide then come forward... i don't believe for a second that cops would fabricate enough to charge someone completely inocent (we have a lot more solved crimes for starters)... but this is not intent of this post... lets keep this post clean before it gets turned off... the family deserves any help or answers they may get... and the more people talk about this case the better chance it has of not being shelfed in cabinet somehwere just to be opened in 10 years on cold case files...

"Better to let 10 guilty people go, then convict 1 innocent person" If the law ACTUALLY worked like that, yes, but that's not how it works. How come there is people who have sat in jail for 20+ years and are suddenly found innocent?

The technical BS in the law system is a JOKE. Did you know if your arrested say on a friday, and let's say they got the wrong person but you are already arrested, your in jail for the weekend until the courts open up on monday? How's that for a system......Even if THEY screwed up and had the wrong name or something, your still sitting in jail for the weekend.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyle, I think you watch too much TV. Just because CSI says so, it's not true. And as for innocent people convicted, well technology has improved, like DNA and cell phone tracing... etc.,

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cyle, I think you watch too much TV. Just because CSI says so, it's not true. And as for innocent people convicted, well technology has improved, like DNA and cell phone tracing... etc.,

Yep it has, it is very unlikely in todays world, but still possible. In something so major it is even less likely, but you never know. Or even if cops need someone to put away for a bit to say they have someone to find out later they are innocent......

Look it up, there was one person not that long ago in jail for nearly 20 years and finally found innocent in canada.

But there is also stupid laws. If something is done wrong, rock hard evidence can become useless.

Just saying, I would be VERY cautious about taking the chance. A good lawyer/cop twisting things/lieing can turn nothing evidence into nearly indisputable.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like the RCMP are grasping at straws , i think even the Mccanns are wondering what the police stand to gain from finding who welded this hitch on ( 6 years ago ).... what could the hitch possibly have to do with the case at hand . even if they find the welder who did the work ... how much is he going to remember after 6 years , and what ? if any , information could he have to give them . IMO nothing . telling little white lies to people who are desperate for closer is something the police have perfected . sad but true ..... i hope something comes out of this , but i am very doubtful .. there is no receipt for said work because it was probably a cash deal , therefor no paper trail ( they would have had this person of interest already ) IMO the person of interest is already behind bars :dunno:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a lot of info that you and I don't know.
The person of interest that they have behind bars, has no concrete evidence, or perhaps he had a hitch like the one stated??

I think it will all pan out one day, until then we will never know all the evidence the police have.

Top Bottom