mirage steps up to the plate with axle manufacturer and repairs trailer

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some good news yesturday that after further investigation of my trailer, mirage and the axle company are going to repairing my trailer at their expense. They have decided to replace both the running gear and tires/rims. This was great news but not till a bit more squeek, almost walked away and paid for it myself as we have a trip planned for the 18th. Anyways a good outcome and it has restored i bit of faith for me in some of these warranty programs...Thanks to the guys at southland trailers parts and service.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got some good news yesturday that after further investigation of my trailer, mirage and the axle company are going to repairing my trailer at their expense. They have decided to replace both the running gear and tires/rims. This was great news but not till a bit more squeek, almost walked away and paid for it myself as we have a trip planned for the 18th. Anyways a good outcome and it has restored i bit of faith for me in some of these warranty programs...Thanks to the guys at southland trailers parts and service.

good to see they came to bat like they should
wonder how many more complaints they had

swikertrob

Reaction score
As a representative of Mirage, it is very important to me that all "Snow & Mud" readers understand the scope and the actual issues involved in this, and all Mirage related threads. While I applaud this type of media format, one must keep in mind that the comments contained within these threads concerning Mirage are a result of three units spanning nearly four years; Mirage has built almost 30,000 trailers in that timeframe, that is less than 1/100th of 1% incident rate.
With that being said, there is always room for improvement and I welcome comments and suggestions for current as well as upcoming models.
Please feel free to contact Mirage Trailers direct at 866-461-7776 and ask for Rob.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, you guy's have impressed me with stepping up to the plate and getting on this forum and layin your balls on the table. It's nice to see in today's world. :d

As a representative of Mirage, it is very important to me that all "Snow & Mud" readers understand the scope and the actual issues involved in this, and all Mirage related, threads. While I applaud this type of media format, one must keep in mind that the comments contained within these threads concerning Mirage are a result of three units spanning nearly four years; Mirage has built almost 30,000 trailers in that timeframe, that is less than 1/100th of 1% incident rate.
With that being said, there is always room for improvement and I welcome comments and suggestions for current as well as upcoming models.
Please feel free to contact Mirage Trailers direct at 866-461-7776 and ask for Rob.

swikertrob

Reaction score
Dale Dalueg, because you asked and because the owner of Mirage is from Kelowna, we would be more than happy to support this site and look at becoming a vendor sponsor.
I would also like to let your readers know that anyone that owns a Mirage trailer has an open invitation to bring their unit to the Boise plant for free inspections (minor repairs), regardless the age of the trailer.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dale Dalueg, because you asked and because the owner of Mirage is from Kelowna, we would be more than happy to support this site and look at becoming a vendor sponsor.
I would also like to let your readers know that anyone that owns a Mirage trailer has an open invitation to bring their unit to the Boise plant for free inspections (minor repairs), regardless the age of the trailer.

I will take you up on that offer as I too have a Mirage and I'm very happy with mine. I would love to have some minor adjustments done to my trailer. I will see you in a couple of months.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the owner of a mirage and the starter of this thread i would also like to thank mirage for there help, BUT it wasn't till after i had phoned back to my salesman at our local dealership and asked him what mirage had to say about the problem. He told me nothing he did not even bother to phone mirage because it look like i had hit something. I told him he better get on the phone and let them know, then action started to happen. So maybe the problem isn't at the manufacturer level, maybe it is at the dealerships. If i didn't insist that something happen with this salesman mirage would never had known, so maybe mirage needs to look at there dealerships and how they are treating there customers. I did get a call back from the owner of this dealership when he got back from his holiday only to ask me why i was starting this stuff on the internet about mirage and his dealership after they had fixed your trailer. Well if we go back to the dates and original posts, i had put this all on here before my lovely salesman had decided to phone mirage and then i posted a new one after the trailer was going to get fixed. The axle did get repaired( both of them) but there is still lots of damage to the trailer that is not fixed so maybe the rep from mirage that is now present on our website would like to pm me about the rest of it cause im still not happy, and abviously the dealership doesn't care, there more worried about the damage i did on the internet. I will wait for your pm...swikertrob

MTsnowman

Reaction score
Website
www.stovedoctor.biz
Not so fast there swiker, if Mirage was half the trailer co they should be we wouldn't hear of these disastrous issues - not to mention my personal episode of the fuel tank falling out and forcing the rear axle up through the floor amongst many other things..........absolutely unexcusable to have stupid issues involving piss poor workmanship, and then have the mfg sidestep the whole issue -- I call BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe you guys WILL change your ways or you WILL be out of the trailer business.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not so fast there swiker, if Mirage was half the trailer co they should be we wouldn't hear of these disastrous issues - not to mention my personal episode of the fuel tank falling out and forcing the rear axle up through the floor amongst many other things..........absolutely unexcusable to have stupid issues involving piss poor workmanship, and then have the mfg sidestep the whole issue -- I call BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe you guys WILL change your ways or you WILL be out of the trailer business.

Rob hasn't changed nor has Mirage. Same Ol same Ol. Most of the stories you hear of stepping up are conditional that you haul your trailer to there shop in the States at your expense.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your bad luck, your now the third person that has posted up the fact that their fuel tank fell out of the trailer.
The other guy that posted the same problem here on this site got flamed out by Rob. You'll also find that he has a certain number of helpers for his cause that will come onto your thread and bash you out so he doesn't have to do it himself.

There are a number of other forums that you can go to such as Snow West, Alberta Outdoorsman, even a couple hunting forums in the USA (the one's where Rob lost his mount, only too find out he illegally shot the animal with the wrong class lic) and post up your dis-satisfaction with.

The more information people have / know about relating to the numerous issues with Mirage and Rob Swikert the better educated they are and hopefully will look at other trailers.

Last edited:

swikertrob

Reaction score
Again, these issues are back for 2008-2009 and all stem from the axle recall in which Mirage fully stepped up to the plate. As I have stated in earlier threads Mirage has undergone and passed rigorous testing from two separate third party agencies. If you go back and read the threads, all but two were taken care of to their satisfaction (you can't please everyone)
The truth is Dale Dalueg has never even owned a Mirage Trailer. His rants and raves are getting a little stale so now he chooses to attack me personally; a tactic boarding on desperation.
Mirage is and will remain dedicated to customer service and quality products.
If any readers wish to contact me personally to discuss any questions or concerns please do so. I am open to honest direct dialog.
Rob Swikert
208-461-7776

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no dog in the fight as I have a Nashcar trailer but if I was a trailer manufacturer or any business for that matter I would do whatever I needed to, to make these disgruntled customers happy. This is not the type of advertizing I would want online about my company. Just sayn'......

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again, these issues are back for 2008-2009 and all stem from the axle recall in which Mirage fully stepped up to the plate. As I have stated in earlier threads Mirage has undergone and passed rigorous testing from two separate third party agencies. If you go back and read the threads, all but two were taken care of to their satisfaction (you can't please everyone)
The truth is Dale Dalueg has never even owned a Mirage Trailer. His rants and raves are getting a little stale so now he chooses to attack me personally; a tactic boarding on desperation.
Mirage is and will remain dedicated to customer service and quality products.
If any readers wish to contact me personally to discuss any questions or concerns please do so. I am open to honest direct dialog.
Rob Swikert
208-461-7776

Sorry Rob I do own a Mirage it's in my driveway.

You clearly twist anything and everything as unethically as you can so you can smear the person.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no dog in the fight as I have a Nashcar trailer but if I was a trailer manufacturer or any business for that matter I would do whatever I needed to, to make these disgruntled customers happy. This is not the type of advertizing I would want online about my company. Just sayn'......
agreed. when a guy drops that kind of cash he expects a level of quality, if there is any problems one also expects his concerns to be addressed and dealt with.

<------ Happy Triton owner

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another Mirage issue.

Top Bottom