Ministik this afternoon?

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of taking the wife out to Ministik this afternoon.

Anyone interested in joining us?
Probably won't get there until 2pm, maybe 230ish.

Wife don't go very fast. 30-40km.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gonna be cold. Lots of layers and an update on the conditions would be appreciated. Have fun.

• Thanks
Reactions: RXN

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have never rode out that way. Are there areas where a fella can go off trail and play some when the snow conditions are good?

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are if you know where to go, it links to several lakes, and area's around the lakes can be fun for a local area.....with the current conditions it's going to be tough to find any snow that isnt tracked or hard....

But it's still a day on the sled, a couple sopts we always stop and roast hot dogs, the fire place or Joesph lake camp ground....

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^ What he said.

And with this snow condition, all those secret spots would have been found and tracked out.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, Update on some trails,

First of all, it was cold, Want to say Great job to My Wife and my Mom who braved the cold and went out with me.

We rode the North Loop, over to the Chimney, Trail was hard hard hard packed. darty sledding. Some Quad tracks around the Chimney.

Then where we hooked up with the main trail South of the big lake and we found SNOW!!!!,, a small area where Mom got the 121" 600 ZR stuck. it was nice to find some untouched.

From there we found two more smaller sloughs with untouched deep snow. Mom was praticing Counter Steering there.

We rode from 2:30 to 4:30, not another soul out there. just us and the one deer we spotted.

Was a great day and the Women had a blast.

When we went to drop Mom back off at her place, she asked to leave her's and Dad's sleds in my trailer, She wants to do a whitecourt trip. So Maybe Feb 22nd I'll take her and my Wife up there.

As far as the trails, Smooth, really nice. Keep up the good work Tri-county.

mjkl

Reaction score
I would be up for a trip to Whitecourt. I'm thinking of renting a sled for the girlfriend to try it out, she's been riding dirtbikes and streetbikes for a few years now, I'm sure she can handle the sled. I just need to find a place in Edmonton to rent a sled, anybody have any suggestions? I wouldn't mind renting a pro rmk to try it out as I'm thinking of buying one for next season. Thanks

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be up for a trip to Whitecourt. I'm thinking of renting a sled for the girlfriend to try it out, she's been riding dirtbikes and streetbikes for a few years now, I'm sure she can handle the sled. I just need to find a place in Edmonton to rent a sled, anybody have any suggestions? I wouldn't mind renting a pro rmk to try it out as I'm thinking of buying one for next season. Thanks

Bunch of guys at work rented from Elk Island a few years back, all of them were very happy, Said great service, great people. Only down side, Polaris, lol.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I checked out there website, a bit pricy to rent but I guess theres not much choice around town.

Could Always see what Whitecourt has to rent, Then you don't need to trailer it.

You game for Feb 22nd in Whitecourt?

mjkl

Reaction score
Could Always see what Whitecourt has to rent, Then you don't need to trailer it.

You game for Feb 22nd in Whitecourt?
Yep I should be good as long as its not -30 and I can find a sled to rent. I'll check out Whitecourt for rentals

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• Elk Island.JPG
    Elk Island.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom