Minimalist Thread

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaa.

That S10 is awesome. Same with he suburban.

S10 reminds me of when I used to put it in the back of my 06 Dakota quad cab company truck...

Slam it if you will, with all that weight on the back I was making it where the 4x4's were, just as long as I had the sled loaded!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt get it looking at the pic from the side, then scrolled down and WOW lol...you might be a redneck...

But it looks like it worked!!

Haha.

I was the same way.

That's actually economical. Three people paying for diesel, creature comforts in a quad cab, etc.

Did you ever get hassled by "the man"?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not minimalist in that I have everything but I rock some old iron. My dually is a 99 with an aluminium deck of almost the same vintage and two 05 sleds on it. I'll take some pics later.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hrm....

I know you are from Lloyd where I'd imagine anything older than a 08 Diesel is considered old, but this wasn't really what I was going for.

6000$ into your 6L?/7.3 is probably more then the set-ups I was hoping to see...

Sorry didnt see an age limit....... Thought your initial reach out was "Ok, so I know having a fully insulated, heated 26' inclosed with all the bells and whistles is nice. Not to mention the 60,000$ diesel pulling it, but lets see those who do it with less."

My sincere apologies for being too "over the top" for this thread....

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hrm....

I know you are from Lloyd where I'd imagine anything older than a 08 Diesel is considered old, but this wasn't really what I was going for.

6000$ into your 6L?/7.3 is probably more then the set-ups I was hoping to see...

And please refrain from painting people with the same brush..... I am a 26 year old kid that has worked my ass of to get what I have..... Working full time at dead end jobs for years before I could manage to make a life out of what I am doing now....

Yes you are correct there is money in LLoyd, sometimes I think too much... BUT that does not mean everyone has money..... The 6k i put into the truck was to get it running... NOT MODS TO MAKE IT A PIMPED RIDE........ The sled deck was a good cheap deal so I bought it.... The trailer behind it is a 1978 12' holiday trailer... Not what I would call "big Time"... Hell the house Im living in was built in the 1930's... Maybe I shoulda put up a pic of the house... Or is that still to new???

Sorry but there are still people out there (including me) that genuinely are proud of what they have and what they have accomplished on their own, instead of being fed by a silver spoon...

Rant over...

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, it only looks that way, especially 4 years later. After 4 years of taking it quadding that frigg'n truck is only worth about $1500 now. Actually, it kinda funny - I'll drop a couple g's on the quads as if it were spare change but cringe when I gotta spend a hundred bones on the truck. :( It's gonna get real interesting if (when) I start sledding.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And please refrain from painting people with the same brush..... I am a 26 year old kid that has worked my ass of to get what I have..... Working full time at dead end jobs for years before I could manage to make a life out of what I am doing now....

Yes you are correct there is money in LLoyd, sometimes I think too much... BUT that does not mean everyone has money..... The 6k i put into the truck was to get it running... NOT MODS TO MAKE IT A PIMPED RIDE........ The sled deck was a good cheap deal so I bought it.... The trailer behind it is a 1978 12' holiday trailer... Not what I would call "big Time"... Hell the house Im living in was built in the 1930's... Maybe I shoulda put up a pic of the house... Or is that still to new???

Sorry but there are still people out there (including me) that genuinely are proud of what they have and what they have accomplished on their own, instead of being fed by a silver spoon...

Rant over...

Waa Waaaaa.

My lord are people sensitive these days.

BIG-BALLZ

Reaction score
Waa Waaaaa.

My lord are people sensitive these days.

Just the ones that arent DICKS........ I think this guy has a valid point..... Just because you have a few nice things doesn't mean your made of money, that assumption is really getting old in this day and age... Just my opinion...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Nobody asked for your opinion.......

Just the ones that arent DICKS........ I think this guy has a valid point..... Just because you have a few nice things doesn't mean your made of money, that assumption is really getting old in this day and age... Just my opinion...

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True with credit nowadays everyone can have nice things. Nice things for everyone I say!

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry Big Ballz, but even for me you spoke a little strong..... And even i apologize for the post.... My reply was strong worded and not thought out properly...

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
My hauler is a 1994 2500 6.5 diesel.... my enclosed is my cap.... $4000

View attachment 138998View attachment 138997

I want to put a hitch on this thing...230hp, AWD, and goes ANYWHERE, I can plow my driveway with it.... $3000

View attachment 138996

Luckily in good snow years I don't have to go far because I have room for about 15 truck/trailer combos to park in the yard and ride from home....

View attachment 138999View attachment 139000

Plio & I are not only hobbits, we are the "poor kids"

Note that this poor hobbit left out the pic of his wife's Benz, and his 23' sport cabin cruiser...... Sorry brother had too..... Bwa hahaha

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The op is looking for pics of 1/4 ton trucks with duct tape and cardboard decks towing another sled on a mechanic creeper. Come on an 08 diesel one ton is a far cry from that. Lol

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, this thread is all over the place.

I mentioned 08 as a reference to overspending industry folk. Ford's boxes rarely change, or change very little. I said his diesel was a 7.3 or 6.0. Not sure which. I did not say his truck was an 08.

In either case, yes, people are credited to the tits. That's a whole other issue. I live (barely) within my means which I know most people don't. I know people will blow up on this comment, but the banks don't lie (partial joke). We are at the same level of debt as the Americans were when the housing market crashed for them. We are the new country of gluttony. Way to go Canada! At least we can rest well by lieing to ourselves saying "our economy is different" . .... "It won't crash".... and the well proven addage "properties always appreciate"..

I want to get a bumper sticker on my truck saying "At least it's paid for...". I can almost gaurantee most new vehicles in Calgary are bank owned, or leased. Way too many people running around in BMW's (Calgary's Civic), fully loaded Diesels, Mercs, etc. There's money here, but not that much.

Please resume!

Top Bottom