Met any one famous in your travels ???

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
he was a cool cat, BS'ed with us for a few hours over dinner at the McNamara hotel while waiting for the crew to set up. here is our big scene....lol

and there's another great First Nations actor....Jimmy Herman!!!!

.....hey teeroy, what movie is your avatar from. i vcant get a handle on it, but i know i've seen that kid before..

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and there's another great First Nations actor....Jimmy Herman!!!!

.....hey teeroy, what movie is your avatar from. i vcant get a handle on it, but i know i've seen that kid before..
it's the kid from the Geico commercials that says if his cousin Mike Wallace gets close to him he's gonna put him in the wall....

Jimmy was a funny guy, we never stopped laughing....dude has a thousand jokes. He has a great scene in that TV show where he's working in the IGA and a black bear comes in through the automatic doors late at night and helps himself to the pastries in the baked good section. that actually happened at the Peace River IGA, and they put it in the show.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there is a small difference in meeting someone famous, and hanging out with someone famous, and really how you class famous people. Actors and such, famous?

Bobby Clarke is one of my uncles, been so long since I seen him I don't remember him, knew his daughter, my cousin a bit better. Hockey players friends and family in Canada is very common.

I used to date a girl who was one of the nannies for the Canucks, at the time Brent Sopel, so we would hang out over there, his wife was way to hot for that greasy hick. Most nights we would party with the wives of Sopel and Bertuzzi, which is fine until one of them decides to smash up the Lambo downtown Vancouver.

When I was really young I was involved in television production for a station as it was something I was interested in and Neil Patrick Harris who was on doogie howser at the time came and hung out for one of our benefit shows. It was cool hanging out with him, we were both a simular age and all the chicks liked him even back then. Although later to find out he don't like chicks was a downer.

In the late 90's I lived in Vail, CO. I spent the day skiing with Gweneth Paltrow, it was totally random. It took to the end of the day to actually figure out who she was. I also partied with all the Tragically Hip members during that time,

Good friends of mine in Vancouver best friend is Carrie-Ann Moss. I hung out with her a few times, she is pretty cool.

I went on a date with Amanda Crew from the movie Sex Drive when I lived out there.

I am sure there were more, but people are just people. Sometimes I see something and it reminds me, hey I remember when I partied with that person and so on.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and his son own a excavating company on Salt spring Island (BC). There are a lot of "Hollywood types" live and have roots there since the draft days in the USA. Anyhow my nephew gets a call from the local rental place, they tell him there is two guys who "need" some skidsteer work................He heads over there and walks in to find John Luke Picard(startrek) and Robin Willams tying to rent a JD bobcat. Both were "in fine shape" shall we say and, willams is telling the rental guy if he (Picard) can run the USS ENTERPRIZE,he can sure in the hell run a bobcat for the afternoon...........He did a little work for them later in the week.

On a side note they did recommend my nephew to Britney Speers who proceeded to put in a million dollar driveway.................

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone remmeber Hank (Henry)LLesic he was at my buddies wedding they played foots ball together at St Joes....he was actually pretty obnoxious.....

Was at my dads when Glenn Sather brought my dads dog back....a grey Hound. Seems the dog jumped over his car to avoid being hit, scared the beegeebers out of him and when he pulled over the dog came right to him, had the address on his tag, so he took him home, thought it was nice of him....

Went to the Edm Indy as a guest of the Newman, Haas, Lanigan Race team in 2008 ( Lanigan owns MiJack, we have some of their equipment) Got to meet Graham Rahal and Justin Wilson, that years drivers. In 2009 I received a phone call from Mike Lanigan inviting me and my son to dinner, but if I was busy could my son attend anyway. Seems he made an impression on Graham Rahal the year before taking about moto cross.

We rode our street bikes to Ruth Chris ( did you know they weren't real happy trying to find a place to but our gear and helmets...there were 15 people for dinner and only to name tags, Grahams and Ryans....the two got along and Grahman askde if he and Ryan could take our bikes out for a tour of the city. Mike leans over and says to me, he's a decent rider and can afford to replace it if he breaks it....had a good laugh at that, they had a good ride.

The next day we were sitting in the Newman Haas Lanigan reception tent and mike invited us over to meet Grahams dad Bobby Rahal, now there's a down to earth guy chatted for 45 min about how he and his wife have tried to keep them self's and there kids grounded. After he left Paul Tracy dropped in I shook his hand, Danica Patrick came in and sat on my lap...(okay that part I dreamt..) but she did come in and say hi to Mike and I did get to shake her hand she was very pleasant but wow is she tiny.........apparently it's common the the drivers all visit the owners tents you never know who'll be your boss....

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start hanging with you. Lol. Did you tell Waltrip you were from Canada? He loves Canuckleheads..
I did so. He's a pretty comical guy - seemed to like to joke around with the fans quite a bit. Alot of guys don't like him but I think he's good for the sport. He missed qualifying for the race by a few thousands of a second and must have been bummed out but still had a good attitude.

bgraff1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
met and rode with Brett Rasmussen a couple weeks ago. would be riding with him again this weekend but i just had to blow up my turbo :mad:
IMG_0570.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iwould shake suzuki`s hand but that tree sap is a bugger to get off.........................

so was that what was stuck on yer hand at the mud boggs this summer, i stayed far away, as you were constantly shaking that hand, and here i thought you were just trying to keep that ol polaris quad runnin. tree sap good one.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinkin we need alittle tree sap on your azz that way you can stay in the the saddle on the old king............then when your stuck (ho hum)we only gotta extract the pair together outa the skeg....................

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't rember seeing you anywhere near my stuck azz. maybe that was you pullin my leg, not bob,, shheeet that hurt. i still can feel that. oh must remember to not jump off quad while in quick sand ie musgek.

SnowMudder

Reaction score
Was down in Atlanta, saw Bo's General Lee, what a sweet looking car. Met John Schneider, Sonny Shroyer (Enos Coltrane), saw Tom Wopat (Luke), Don Coley (Sheriff Little), Ben Jones -(Cooter), Adam West & the original Batmobile. Daughter and hubby met Catherine Bach too. There were over 100 remake General Lee's and they jumped one too...way cool!

Top Bottom