Message from Eagle Valley Club President re Eagles Pass

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club & Grooming Society Announcement

Hello Club Members,

It is with great pleasure the we notify all club member’s and sledding enthusiasts that the Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club & Grooming Society has been approved to build a new shelter and upgrade the existing trail at Eagles Pass.
It’s been a long 7 year process that we are really excited about and we want to ask our club members and friends to contact us as soon as possible if they can assist in any way.
We are looking to build an 864 square foot cabin with a covered deck and are looking for donations of the following supplies:

2 x 6 wall studs
2 x 12 floor Joyce
5/8 “4 x 8 treated plywood for flooring
3/8” 4 x 8 wall sheeting
2 x 6 treated decking & railing
Insulation
Plastic poly
Windows
Doors & Hardware
Metal Roofing
100 lbs. propane tank

If you cannot provide supplies and would like to provide a hand in construction or a cash donation we always welcome this form of help.

Our club will also be having three work bees for our existing cabins this summer/fall. We have to replenish the winter wood supply at each location as well as replace the floor in the Owlhead cabin. We will contact our membership once the dates have been confirmed.
This is great news as the cabin at Eagle Pass and the new trail above the slide area will improve access and grooming operations.
Please contact Gord Bushell at (1-855-836-6600) or email info@sledsicamous.com if you are able to assist with this project.
Cheers,

Dan Morin
President - Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats great news for you guys over there Bert! Say hi to my cousin Gord next time you see him.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club & Grooming Society Announcement

Hello Club Members,

It is with great pleasure the we notify all club member’s and sledding enthusiasts that the Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club & Grooming Society has been approved to build a new shelter and upgrade the existing trail at Eagles Pass.
It’s been a long 7 year process that we are really excited about and we want to ask our club members and friends to contact us as soon as possible if they can assist in any way.
We are looking to build an 864 square foot cabin with a covered deck and are looking for donations of the following supplies:

2 x 6 wall studs
2 x 12 floor Joyce
5/8 “4 x 8 treated plywood for flooring
3/8” 4 x 8 wall sheeting
2 x 6 treated decking & railing
Insulation
Plastic poly
Windows
Doors & Hardware
Metal Roofing
100 lbs. propane tank

If you cannot provide supplies and would like to provide a hand in construction or a cash donation we always welcome this form of help.

Our club will also be having three work bees for our existing cabins this summer/fall. We have to replenish the winter wood supply at each location as well as replace the floor in the Owlhead cabin. We will contact our membership once the dates have been confirmed.
This is great news as the cabin at Eagle Pass and the new trail above the slide area will improve access and grooming operations.
Please contact Gord Bushell at (1-855-836-6600) or email info@sledsicamous.com if you are able to assist with this project.
Cheers,

Dan Morin
President - Eagle Valley Snowmobile Club.

I've got a 100 lb tank I'm not using but not sure how to get it out there ( long ways away ).

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 100 lb tank I'm not using but not sure how to get it out there ( long ways away ).

I can haul it out for you. I am back and forth all the time between Calgary and Sicamous.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much polly you need? and what kind of doors you looking for?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can haul it out for you. I am back and forth all the time between Calgary and Sicamous.

Ok so then we have to meet up somehow.

We will be out in Sept for a Looky at moving out there. Don't think I will have room tho.

Mine as well help out as I'm going to use the shat out of it.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so then we have to meet up somehow.

We will be out in Sept for a Looky at moving out there. Don't think I will have room tho.

Mine as well help out as I'm going to use the shat out of it.

Just don't shat in it please. Lol.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates or pic's of the progress? How is the cabin coming along?

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
The new cabin is located a few km's past the end of the groomed trail beside a small lake in the burn area. The crew and materials for the shell were helicoptered in on Tuesday (Aug. 27) and the guys plan to be in there for two weeks roughing it while they build!

The club may not have enough resources to get it closed in so if you want to help out with donations etc., contact Gord at info@sledsicamous.com

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do ya guys still need the 100 lb bottle ?

Coming out there next week.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why is this info not on your Sled Sicamous website? I have been looking at it all summer for club updates and info and there is no mention that this was going on. It is easier to help out if you know something is happening.

sicamous

Best Western Sicamous Inn
Reaction score
Website
www.sicamousinn.ca
Why is this info not on your Sled Sicamous website? I have been looking at it all summer for club updates and info and there is no mention that this was going on. It is easier to help out if you know something is happening.

Good point, I know the guys have been extemely busy trying to get this project off the ground but I will pass on your comments to Gord.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I could have an empty F350 coming from Fernie/Cranbrook/Golden on Sept 27th if you need anything picked up and dropped off. Returning on the Sunday from Kelowna. PM me to make arrangements.

Top Bottom