Memberships

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All we are saying is your grooming fees simply cover the grooming. The clubs need support as they are the ones keeping these areas open for you. Simply relying on volunteers will only go so far and we need to show the that snowmobilers are serious about our sport and the land use problems. User numbers are recorded as well as member numbers. Membership is voluntary now, but it should be mandatory IMO.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The past 12 years we have always rode vale or mcbride and the last few years it has been valemount. This is the second year for my vale membership and will continue to purchase one for years to come whenther I make good use of it or not. I have never had a problem paying for a trail pass in the past whether it is groomed or not. Maybe change the name to an access pass and charge whether it is groomed or not.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not bitch about the d bags that roost the freshly groomed trail cause they feel they have something to prove and whoop it out for everyone else. Allen on saturday, lost count of how many d bags had to pin it up to the booth, felt like standing there with a hockey stick and clothes lining them!

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why not bitch about the d bags that roost the freshly groomed trail cause they feel they have something to prove and whoop it out for everyone else. Allen on saturday, lost count of how many d bags had to pin it up to the booth, felt like standing there with a hockey stick and clothes lining them!

Because this thread is about memberships, who has one, and if you don't, why not. If you want to "bitch about the d bags that roost the freshly groomed trail", then start another thread. Please don't change the subject at hand. By the way, are you a member in at least one of the area clubs ?

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm, 540 views and 5 members. Just what I thought...

Shows the mentality of alot of todays riders, no respect for the sport or anyone trying to protect it. Just abuse the right to ride. Might as well sell all of the toys, as pretty soon we wont be able to ride them.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still not many people posting here that are members of at least one of clubs in mountain sledding areas. Do all the non-member people here actually believe that these riding areas will always stay open just on the good graces of the provincial government ? All of these clubs fight year long, battling government and enviro-wackos and there's two things they really need when fighting these battles. They need funding from the members and they need to show large membership numbers. If the gov. thinks the club is fighting for a dozen members, then the club doesn't carry much weight. However, if the club is fighting on behalf of a thousand or more members, suddenly they have more clout. We are in an ongoing war with well-funded environmental groups that would like nothing more than to shut down ALL motorized recreation. To even have a chance at our sport surviving, we must show them "Strength In Numbers". Come on, people. It's time to step up or you can sit back and watch one of our favourite pasttimes die. Your choice but don't whine if you picked the latter.

ANDY SAIGER

Reaction score
Are we snowmobiles or a bunch of old woman sitting around complaining about every little detail, problems that comes along. I read these threads and it makes me sad to think that so many people in the world have nothing to do but complain. Your not all rock stars or as tough in the really world as you think you are behind your computer screen. Sorry! My two cents on the membership thing. I think more people would buy a membership if they were available at the trail head. I know my group of 8 last trip would have boughten one if we could have gotten them at the Parkin lot. We are usually gone up before the office is open and back to town after its closed

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yogatoy, you obviously don't get it. This is not about being a "rock star" or "acting tough behind a computer screen". It is definitely not about "a bunch of old women sitting around whining about every detail". This is about a genuine concern for the future of our sport and a lack of support for the organizations that fight on our behalf. Check out VARDA's website and read the section titled "Please become a member". This may help you understand a little better.
http://www.valemountrecdevelopment.com/pleasebecomeamember.htm

Last edited:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtis, where else can people buy memberships after hours?

Last edited:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are we snowmobiles or a bunch of old woman sitting around complaining about every little detail, problems that comes along. I read these threads and it makes me sad to think that so many people in the world have nothing to do but complain. Your not all rock stars or as tough in the really world as you think you are behind your computer screen. Sorry! My two cents on the membership thing. I think more people would buy a membership if they were available at the trail head. I know my group of 8 last trip would have boughten one if we could have gotten them at the Parkin lot. We are usually gone up before the office is open and back to town after its closed

This is the type of lame excuse I would expect from someone who could care less about the sport! And I am not a snowmobile, I am a snowmobiler who is concerned about the sport. If that is complaining to you then you obviously dont get the whole point of this thread.

Last edited:

ANDY SAIGER

Reaction score
Hahaha, I knew that would hit a nerve. I am a member of 3 different clubs and I am a huge supporter of the sport. I have been riding in the mountains for over 10 years. I agree 100 % that we all have to come together and support the sport we love before we loose it to all the tree huggers. I just think that there are better ways the promoting memberships then coming on m&s and saying that "if you don't have a membership then you must not give a sh*t"
Being positive is a better approach. Just saying.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would you suggest? Stand on a soapbox an preach? Just trying to keep the sport alive. I have been riding for over 20 years and have seen far too many closures. I just dont think todays average rider really appreciates what it takes to keep these areas open.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My two cents on the membership thing. I think more people would buy a membership if they were available at the trail head. I know my group of 8 last trip would have boughten one if we could have gotten them at the Parkin lot. We are usually gone up before the office is open and back to town after its closed

Varda membership forms are on the website and Blue River memberships are available at the Glacier. Making excuses does nothing to help. In this day and age of online info, it takes very little effort to find out all you need to know about buying memberships to any club in B.C.. Come on people ! It's time to stop with the excuses and truely show your support for this sport we all love.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently only a revy membership holder. Interested in a valemount membership, rode there once so far this year, but let it slip to the wayside (not a decent excuse but just being honest). We need to support the areas we ride i agree! This is my first year getting in on sled memberships and I intend to continue doing so and expand the clubs that I do get a membership to. Never knew before how much surrounded being a member of an areas club (Bc wise) for there push with govt and support.

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think if you could buy a membership that included more then one place would be good also. As was said about the internet being easy to get info, wouldn't it also be easy to be able to buy memberships online as well? Noticed also that most of you hit the mountains what every weekend or second weekend? So make use of the areas alot more then say someone who travels 12-15hours to ride for the weekend once or twice a year. I would gladly pay little extra when buy trtail fees for helping the sport. If really worried about the VOICE as most have been saying why aren't all the clubs joined together? Then would have an even bigger voice? Being new to the sport its just my :twocents: if there even worth that. And guilt trips usually don't work. Need to be positive, bet don't like when your wife is always nagging at you lol

Sweet_1

Reaction score
:rant:I know this topic has been beat to death but it doesnt seem to be sinking in. I see tons of new faces out on the hills and the parking lots are getting fuller every weekend. With all these new riders, you would think memberships would be flying off the wall. I cannot stress this enough, SUPPORT THE CLUB IN THE AREAS YOU RIDE. These clubs are our voice when it comes to closures and anything else snowmobile related. Grooming fees are just that, fees to keep the trails groomed, not OPEN. If you enjoy the sport as much as I do, then you will appreciate the fact that we need to see registered user numbers to form a voice in the eyes of the gov't. I dont care if you ride wherever only once a year, the fact is you ride. Without the hard work of the snowmobile clubs, even more of our riding areas will be closed and you wont be able to do your one ride a year.
The reason I am harping on this is I rode fin this last week and the lot was full. I stopped to buy my membership at the glacier on the way out and I was the second new membership in the book? How can this be?:realmad: Do the right thing and support your clubs. I personally am a member of 3 clubs this year so far.

It is real cool to sit here and brag about all the great riding you had this weekend, and how snowmobilers support the towns and communities, but do you deserve the right to brag?

AMEN Brother !!

Top Bottom