Memberships

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rant:I know this topic has been beat to death but it doesnt seem to be sinking in. I see tons of new faces out on the hills and the parking lots are getting fuller every weekend. With all these new riders, you would think memberships would be flying off the wall. I cannot stress this enough, SUPPORT THE CLUB IN THE AREAS YOU RIDE. These clubs are our voice when it comes to closures and anything else snowmobile related. Grooming fees are just that, fees to keep the trails groomed, not OPEN. If you enjoy the sport as much as I do, then you will appreciate the fact that we need to see registered user numbers to form a voice in the eyes of the gov't. I dont care if you ride wherever only once a year, the fact is you ride. Without the hard work of the snowmobile clubs, even more of our riding areas will be closed and you wont be able to do your one ride a year.
The reason I am harping on this is I rode fin this last week and the lot was full. I stopped to buy my membership at the glacier on the way out and I was the second new membership in the book? How can this be?:realmad: Do the right thing and support your clubs. I personally am a member of 3 clubs this year so far.

It is real cool to sit here and brag about all the great riding you had this weekend, and how snowmobilers support the towns and communities, but do you deserve the right to brag?

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought my membership and passes for Trailseekers, have never ridden there but I fully understand that we need to support the clubs to be our voices to be able to continue riding in as many areas as possible.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess what needs to happen is areas will become members only in order to get guys to pony up the dough. How about we close off fin creek access to non members first just to see what happens.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess what needs to happen is areas will become members only in order to get guys to pony up the dough. How about we close off fin creek access to non members first just to see what happens.

your right. should need to see that membership at the trailhead aswell. i cant beleive how many people complain about trail fees trying to squeeze another 40 bucks out of them is like pulling teeth. its unbeleivable to pull up in a 100,000$ rig on a 1000$ weekend and not pony up for a membership.

IFSM8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much is the powder packers membership? I have my Valemount and my Cold Lake. Just wondering as I also ride there.

Thanks,

Ian

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your right. should need to see that membership at the trailhead aswell. i cant beleive how many people complain about trail fees trying to squeeze another 40 bucks out of them is like pulling teeth. its unbeleivable to pull up in a 100,000$ rig on a 1000$ weekend and not pony up for a membership.

Agreed. Let alone not pony up for memberships but not even pay for trail passes just the the fawktards at Groundhog and Salmon on Friday. Supercool.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Show of hands, how many people actually "OWN" these $100,000 rigs you speak of...or is it financed to the hilt....

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am an Albertan that is a member in both the Valemount and Blue River clubs and will be buying a membership in the McBride club the next trip I make that way. Let's have a show of hands. Who on here is a club member in the areas they ride ? If not, WHY NOT !!!

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
club member in revy/blue/ gonna get one for mcbride.
Never ride valmount don't like the cops or crowds just sayin.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is really sad. The number of people on this site that sled in the mountains and it would seem most do not support the club or clubs in the area(s) they ride. What will it take to get through to people that these local clubs are comprised of volunteers that are fighting to keep our riding areas open. I honestly think the only way most "freeloader" riders will get on board, is if the B.C. gov. makes it law that you have a club membership before riding in any of the popular areas.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have never rode lac st anne but bought a membership for them and an alberta club membership. have been a member of mcbride for 4 years and revy last year. havent been to ride yet this year but will most likely get a membership for revy and blue river and/or mcbride. depending where i go. Truck is my only payment. sled and quads and boat paid for.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is really sad. The number of people on this site that sled in the mountains and it would seem most do not support the club or clubs in the area(s) they ride. What will it take to get through to people that these local clubs are comprised of volunteers that are fighting to keep our riding areas open. I honestly think the only way most "freeloader" riders will get on board, is if the B.C. gov. makes it law that you have a club membership before riding in any of the popular areas.

Good luck with that. The ASA has been fighting that same issue with the Alberta government for years and haven't made any progress.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trail fee's should be doubled for a NON-Member of a club.

Show a membership to a club and pay the regular fee, no membership double up the fee. Just sayin

That is a great idea, how do we get this happening?

Thunder101

Reaction score
Sorry for the ignorance but if I show up in revy-val or McBride, to ride one weekend do I just need a trailpass or you saying I need to be a member. ?

Top Bottom