Medicine Lake

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
Thinking about going out there this weekend to ride. Never been there before but heard it is a mix of everything out there. Is this true? Also is there random camping? Anything else I should know would be great. thanks :beer:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Tons of random camping all along the road on the way to the park and 1 big area across for the entrance road (turn off) to the park some refer it as the gravel pit ...but really no pit and really no gravel:rolleyes:. There is some general all around riding but LOTS of skeg miles long :eek:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is tons of riding there. There is random camping spots along the road for twelve to thirteen km,s. North of the road is muddy, water hole trails and south of the road is alot of Skeg. Great place to ride... there seems to always be an easy way around stuff for the less aggressive riders.

JimmyFlynt

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys.. most likely will hit it up this weekend to check it out.. weather looks like it should be ok .. for now anyways:rolleyes:
thanks again

CThiessen

Reaction score
I haven't been riding in years so I am a little rusty on the rules. Do you need lights, insurance and reg to ride in Medicine Lake? What is the terrain like? Is it good for bikes or mostly quads?

bluerhino

Reaction score
Website
www.fallcreekconservationsociety.com
Just an update on ATVing and the law. All ATV's, Bikes etc require Alberta registration and insurance. The SRD can ticket you if they ask and you cant produce....especially the newbies trying to make an impression in front of their field boss.
Helmets still aren't mandatory but its come in 2010 i understand.

Medicine lake is a swamp with some high ground. The traffic and pressure is so much out there that all the mud holes are getting punched out, especially the ones the trucks go down.

SRD, RCMP and county patrol it frequently. Turning into another Ghost/Wiaperous with all the problems.

good luck.

CThiessen

Reaction score
I have only been out there twice but I have only recently got a quad, I grew up on bikes at McLean Creek. In my opinion Medicine Lake is definatly better for quads over bikes. There is alot of skeg and whenever you crest a hill there is a mud pit at the bottom. I have only been stuck once but my buddy winched me out pretty quick. Medicine Lake is a great time, I might be heading out there this weekend for a ride but I also might head out to the Cow Lake area.
Have fun Medicine Lake is a blast.:d

Top Bottom