MCX Viper 270 ISSUES

binderpilot

Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Has anyone had any success dealing with tech updates on a MCX 270 Viper in Canada, I have sent my EFI Box in for update to Prince George and have gotten nothing but run around and new story every day as to what is delaying them. Last week apparently their only tech quit, then the "only" computer that can do their updates has crashed, and then later in the week they could not even bother to call me back. Every time I call for an update as to when it will be finished they take my name and number down as if they've never heard from me before! I called every day last week and every day they had to re-ask me as to why I sent my control box in. If this is how they deal with a simple computer update, I'm really beginning to regret wasting my money on a turbo sled that sits parked for weeks in the middle of winter over a re-flash that should take minutes.

Just want to know if I'm the only one being treated like this or is 2 weeks to load a tune into this box a reasonable time to expect for fuel mapping.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you should try and contact MCX directly and have them put pressure on their distributor.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only deal with mark leipheimer out of Montana. US MCX distributor. Mark has some of the best customer service in the industry.

binderpilot

Reaction score
I only deal with mark leipheimer out of Montana. US MCX distributor. Mark has some of the best customer service in the industry.

I agree, I was considering sending down there but was worried I would be tied up in customs. I'd really like to thank the fellow that convinced me to mail it there, promised it was an hour to fix, and then quit 2 days later.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Nick is the only other guy north of the 49th that I know who can program. He is at Kelowna Yamaha 250-763-1010. He has the latest map.
Good luck.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nick is the only other guy north of the 49th that I know who can program. He is at Kelowna Yamaha 250-763-1010. He has the latest map.
Good luck.

I can vouch for Nick also at Kelowna Yamaha.
He's one of Yamaha's top tech in north america and has won Yamaha's top tech award contest several times from what i was told. He know's his turbo's.

binderpilot

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I am waiting on Canada post to let me know when it comes back. I will keep Nick in mind if this update doesn't work!

Top Bottom