McLean Creek

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maclean creek is a fantastic area, I live about 10 minutes from the staging area and am out there all the time. It has a very extensive trail network, includes everything from multi-user trails ( 4x4, quad, bike) to bike only trails. It has trails for the first time rider and has trails that will provide a challenge to the most advanced riders. If you have never been here you will not leave disappointed. There is random camping allowed in the park, or if you prefer, a very nice campground with all amenities, including a small general store with washrooms and showers. Camping is also allowed at the south end (Fisher staging area) which gives you access to the bike trails without having to travel thru the park. Be aware they have stepped up enforcement with regards to proper license/ registration, lights ,muffler etc. There is also new trail maps out of the park usually available at the store or the kiosks at the staging areas.
I used to live in Edmonton, always came down this way to ride, really got tired of all the sand up north, and the lack of challenging hill climbs. 2 yrs ago moved here and the riding is amazing along the foothills.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good info, I'm just getting back into biking. I live in n.e. calgary, what is the best way to get out there? thanks

Cheers
Chris

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the NE, depending where, the #1 west to #22 south thru Bragg creek to the #66, then west past the K-country info station and you'll see the signs to turn left into Maclean, follow the pavement to the end and you will be at the staging area.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
From the NE, depending where, the #1 west to #22 south thru Bragg creek to the #66, then west past the K-country info station and you'll see the signs to turn left into Maclean, follow the pavement to the end and you will be at the staging area.

Could I get some more info on this area so I can make a staging area map, what type of trails, is there muskeg, how big is the staging area?

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could I get some more info on this area so I can make a staging area map, what type of trails, is there muskeg, how big is the staging area?

No you cant. hehe The staging area can hold like 100 trucks and trailers. It is also close to the camp site. There has to be a few hudred km of trails and there is alot of different riding and lots of mud and skeg.I ride there alot and i like it, but there is much cooler areas that is not as busy. On a slow weekend, there is atleast 50-100 people riding out there.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is the site from SRD, contains the maps of maclean and several other riding areas.

This site is a general info of the campground etc.

Maclean creek is about 12 kms west of Bragg creek on Hwy 66, there are several staging areas, north end and most popular, as said before can probably hold 100+ vehicles, and if I remember correctly if you are camped in c+d loops you can ride your ohv from the campsite as well, if you continue down thru the park on maclean trail at the Fish creek (east/west ) trail junction is also another undeveloped staging area as this is basically in the center of the park, and at the south end of the park is the Fisher creek staging area (this is also a camping area, with tent sites,and trailer parking, no hook-ups) room for 50 vehicles or so depending on the # of campers in there.
Trails consist of everything from hard pack dirt, rock climbing, muskeg and good old mud. As I mentioned before it has everything. As catzuki said it is quite popular due to the fact it's so close to the city and there are a few other areas with very similar trails and terrian just a little farther away.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good info, I'm just getting back into biking. I live in n.e. calgary, what is the best way to get out there? thanks

Cheers
Chris

I live in Chestermere very close to NE calgary, 1 hour drive from NE take deerfoot to 22x and drive until ya see the sign.
I was out there on friday and its a great place for every one,
let me know and we can go out for a RIP

hey CR450
when do ya ride, it always nice to have a good tour guide,
I am in. just send me a message:D

hintonatv

Reaction score
Website
www.bratphaze.ca
Rode there for 12 years. It use to be good. Went there last summer for the first time in a long time. It was awfull. Way to rough. Every trail was big hole after big hole. That place has been torn up.

Top Bottom