Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone been fishing there?

What guide, species, boats, etc?

My family and I are going for buddy's wedding in November and I want to go 2-3x. Salud!

Chunk

Reaction score
We have a place in tulum. We usually go down to the locals beach and get one of them to take us out. $150 us for 5 hrs. We've caught 30-100 lb grouper, lots of barracuda, red snapper, yellow fin, probably have caught 25+ species. This time of year is huge for marlin and sailfish as well as the odd shark, but November is one of the slowest fishing time.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a place in tulum. We usually go down to the locals beach and get one of them to take us out. $150 us for 5 hrs. We've caught 30-100 lb grouper, lots of barracuda, red snapper, yellow fin, probably have caught 25+ species. This time of year is huge for marlin and sailfish as well as the odd shark, but November is one of the slowest fishing time.

X2 on bad time of yr, I also agree, when you get there go see locals beaches, but watch out and don't pay all up front, lol but good people

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the ocean like as far as waves go when you go for sailfish etc in the deep? What about shallow water fishing? Cant wait...

Chunk

Reaction score
Shallow is inside the reef, so that's fine. Beyond the reef they can be big. Nothing like trolling at 20mph over 15 ft waves. You can see the barracuda jumping at the line. Guys we were with last year had caught an 1100 lb marlin the previous June. Took 4 guys 6 hours to bring it in.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fished off Gordo Banks at Cabo and it got pretty roughbut I felt ok... So was fishing off Punta Cana. I was chummin. Hard. Lol :-/

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how far the Mayan Riviera is from Cabos but the fishing was awesome in December, we caught 2 marlin & lots of Mahi Mahi. Don't book your fishing through the resort, alot better success with the locals from the marina & add a little extra cash for even better not high traffic fishin holes. Catching a marlin is worth the price for the experience, rest your reelin hand before though lol

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went awhile back, same thing a bunch of us went down for a wedding, it was a damn good time. We caught barracudas, red snappers, groupers, smaller sharks and amberjacks that I can recall,,,those amberjacks are a hell of a fight

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have gone deep sea fishing 5 times. (sorry not in the area you r going) One thing I recommend is the gravol patch behind your ear. Works awesome so a guy can keep having beers in those big waves when out for tuna or marlin.

Top Bottom