May Long Weekend... any plans

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
yet from anyone. We don't have any as of yet, I do know that the mountains are out because of the snow that will still be there . Bighorn out because it will probably be closed again until July 1st south of the dam.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We went to Vega last May long.If I remember right it was one of the hottest weekends we camped all year.Not sure yet if we'll go back or not.

Attachments

• Quadding May Long 2008 049.jpg
    Quadding May Long 2008 049.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 54

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been going to Medicine Lake every may long for the past 8 years, only issue is its been gettin busy the last couple years, all there is left to do now is buy a quad a new quad lol

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might have to try heading to roache lake or just head off to grande cache lots fo people go to grande cache too... roache lake is allways quiter

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Never been quadding in Granda Cache area, have been around the Berland river though. Where would be some good places to go in the GC area?

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mt hammel grande moutain, be best to go with guys that know the area there is so much awsome rideing around there ....

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chump/Caslan..have a pig roast in the works and lotsa quaddin..on 75 days away but who's counting:beer::beer::bike::bike::bluesbros:

zrtdarryl

Reaction score
nordegg summers lake havasu winters <retirement p
i have a house in nordegg so its a nobrainer.
if the dam area is closed in may just go north on the trunk road and then east on the cutlines that are on the north side of the firetower mountain and you can easily ride as far east as the husky gas plant road and damn near north to robb. the one issue will be snow at some of the higher elevations

koda9192

Reaction score
Hopefully Cadomin/Mcleod river area again, we went there last year for the first time and had a blast. Good mud no snow and the weather was not bad.

koda9192

Reaction score
From what i remember its about half way between Robb and Cadomin. Maybe a half hour or less each way.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Macloed river staging area is before Cadomin and AFTER the turnoff to the Cardinal River area(PR road). It is NOT in the mountains, just beside them. Apparantly last Sept, while we were getting snowed on at the Cardinal people in the Macloed river area had nice weather so I am hoping that it will be that way come May long, if we decide to go. The Cardinal staging area is at least an hours drive east of Macloed.

Top Bottom