Maverick XDS -- Factory Turbo Maverick

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not drunk...lol Have a farmer buddy with the 1000poo, was over the other day and seem his apart in the shop, he said he's flipped it now twice, and his son once... Snapped front axle off this last time, and broke a few bones...He had also cooked motor last year when a cord off the belt took out crank seal, never flipped his wildcat yet...

I have driven his and did not think it had the power of the mav, suspension was good, but if it's top heavy, it nnot my thing

so far with 2200km on the mav, I have not touched it, flipped it or broke it, it's been a bullet, but adding 20 hp more and more tq would be even better

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Maverick xds

comparing the current machines doesn't apply here, the mav has a new rear suspension with no more trailing arms and all new fox shocks on all 4 corners. it's now a mini 5 link on the rear and stretched another 4 inches so until you compare apples to apples it's all speculation. I haven't rode with a mav in the mud yet, but there were a few on the same loon lake rally this june and they all made it thru. it was the brand new rzr 1000 that I rode with that got towed out. I don't think any of the performance SXS units work worth a sh!t in the skeg. we winched that 1000 rzr about 2 miles theu skeg taking turns with my commander, a rzr 900 (until it burnt the battery posts off), and a 1000 wildcat (that destroyed the primary). the rzr 1000 burnt the belt and had no more 4 wheel drive by the time we got it to high ground, every warning light on the speedo display was on. the most impressive machine in the deep mud was the wildcat....believe it or not. your results may vary

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone who talks about riding these machines in the mud or muskeg is an idiot.

they are not engineered or designed for mud riding.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

THANKYOU. on this site they talk like MUD AND SKEG is what everyone in the world does. no.....some much bigger crowds in the sand and trail department(maybe not in alberta but north america is much larger) hence the specialization towards that.

these things are for bumps, jump,s high speeds, trails, and climbs etc. its pretty obvious they are going to be 1500lb anchors as soon as they hit the "skeg"

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In there defence it is called snow and mud...

But I have been driving rzrs for 3 years now and never have I went mud bogging or skag riding.

There are lots of great places in Alberta for high speed trail riding.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

There has only been one machine in the SXS market built for mud ?
A second is on it's way .
So your telling every person that buys a SXS and mods it , after market builder and supplier idiots?
Wouldn't sell many SXS 's if buyers didn't use them for mud in Alberta .
Point being 98% of them are not built for mud and sleg riding so is this one going to be used for it? YES.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not saying that. I know many people enjoy mud riding and use UTVs for that. I'm just saying people are retarded for arguing which one is best for mud riding (except maverick xmr and RZR highlifter) since they are not designed for it.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, I'm not saying that. I know many people enjoy mud riding and use UTVs for that. I'm just saying people are retarded for arguing which one is best for mud riding (except maverick xmr and RZR highlifter) since they are not designed for it.

Hahaha......oh boy here we go.
"Designed" is a 20$ factory snorkel and different tires....
LMFAO
Sled guys should stick to sleds....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because some people choose to ride muddy trails does not make them idiots.........95% of the people around here on utvs ride similar terrain......Muddy trails. If you live by the dunes ,you ride dunes.......i guess. Too insinuate people are idiots because of where they choose to use THEIR machine is complete nonsense.........

Ride what you like, where you like .........its your coin !

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like riding and taking on deep mud, muskeg, hills, trails, muddy trails, High country mountain trails, put to bed logging roads, early spring snowy trails, sand hill trails, so........... I guess I'm an idiot.
Kinda feel a bit sorry for the fellas that come out and turn around or take the chicken outs cause there's a muskeg to cross or a major mud hole to get by cause " it's not my kinda riding ".
I look forward to all of it, they don't put winches on em to pull em into the trailer I figure.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are putting words in my mouth.

I never said if you enjoy mud riding you are an idiot.

I said argueing over which one is better in the mud is irrelevant. Because this new turbo maverick is not designed or engineered at all for mud riding.

I enjoy mud riding sometimes too, but a quad is much better suited for mud riding then a UTV. I know this, and so do the people who engineer them. That's all I was saying.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone is getting a little butthurt around here. Lots of us love mud riding and lots like high speed trail riding. And today at the Edson rally I saw wildcats, rzrs and mavericks pounding the mud and coming out flawless and some of each that had trouble and broke down from various ailments. What I did see was a huge group of people riding different brands machines and routes through the trails and everyone had fun and helped each other out. I had fun pushing my machine to its working limits and getting as dirty as possible. Even if there was a black and white comparison video with an obvious winning machine, who gives a sh!t. If anyone honestly gets so upset about not having "the best" of anything then they're wasting their time and money.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not drunk...lol Have a farmer buddy with the 1000poo, was over the other day and seem his apart in the shop, he said he's flipped it now twice, and his son once... Snapped front axle off this last time, and broke a few bones...He had also cooked motor last year when a cord off the belt took out crank seal, never flipped his wildcat yet...

I have driven his and did not think it had the power of the mav, suspension was good, but if it's top heavy, it nnot my thing

so far with 2200km on the mav, I have not touched it, flipped it or broke it, it's been a bullet, but adding 20 hp more and more tq would be even better

Holy chit !! If you're not drunk, you're injecting something illegal !! My 1000XP has had zero issues and a non-turbo BRP 1000 SXS isn't even in the same class, be it suspension, power, handling, etc., etc. Any time you want to put BS aside, Fred, and put a non-turbo stock Mav up against my 100% stock 1000 XP, give me a call. Maybe we could put a little wager on the line as well. Chit or get off the pot Fred !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, just read the specs on the new Mav turbo and see it still has less suspension travel and less ground clearance than the 1000XP. Seems that BRP took the same old sub par machine and threw a turbo on to gain 9 hp on a normally aspirated Polaris. Weak effort at best.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy chit !! If you're not drunk, you're injecting something illegal !! My 1000XP has had zero issues and a non-turbo BRP 1000 SXS isn't even in the same class, be it suspension, power, handling, etc., etc. Any time you want to put BS aside, Fred, and put a non-turbo stock Mav up against my 100% stock 1000 XP, give me a call. Maybe we could put a little wager on the line as well. Chit or get off the pot Fred !

well let's do it, a stock set of tires as wager, would be fine, I think it would be fun, I'm all stock and need a new set of tires soon, you might be surprised...

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well let's do it, a stock set of tires as wager, would be fine, I think it would be fun, I'm all stock and need a new set of tires soon, you might be surprised...

Wore em out on the running on the asphalt and gravel roads eh .

Top Bottom