Maverick XDS -- Factory Turbo Maverick

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Maverick xds

sweet, that 20 hp might be the power I was looking for, never seen this before, but will be looking more into it

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

this is a step in the the right direction.

although Polaris is still leaps and bounds ahead of Can-Am in the chassis and suspension department,
you gotta respect can am for bringing a factory turbo.
Now maybe polaris will follow in there footsteps.. or perhaps release a 1100cc 120HP N/A motor..

gotta love horsepower wars!!! :beer:

EDIT heres a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le1dfk6dZN8&feature=youtu.be

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

my dream SXS is a high revving 4 cylinder sourced from a sport bike.

from factory.

Long Travel yamaha with an R1 engine??

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

this is a step in the the right direction.

although Polaris is still leaps and bounds ahead of Can-Am in the chassis and suspension department,
you gotta respect can am for bringing a factory turbo.
Now maybe polaris will follow in there footsteps.. or perhaps release a 1100cc 120HP N/A motor..

gotta love horsepower wars!!! :beer:

EDIT heres a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le1dfk6dZN8&feature=youtu.be

Leaps and bounds?? lol.............OOOoook. oh right... you have one.... nevermind.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

watch any racing series like best in the desert/king of the hammers/terracross and you will see its Polaris who owns the podium...

there is a reason why polaris owns the SXS market..

can-am does do well in some series such as GNCC though.

im not bashing can am, i think this new maverick is awesome. but they are still playing catch up to Polaris in the suspension and chassis department.

just like polaris is playing catch up to there snowmobile engines.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Sign of Things to come? Can Am Intros Turbocharged Maverick

Your link broke the can am website!

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

**** JUST GOT REAL....Aren't most of those circuits completely custom? Nothing Stock on them? I believe they are really close chassis and suspension.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

**** JUST GOT REAL....Aren't most of those circuits completely custom? Nothing Stock on them? I believe they are really close chassis and suspension.

Correct... Plus we arent talking about a motocross race lol... This is real life alberta riding... I would jump in my buddies maverick ANY day before I got into a 1000 rzr on a whooped out trail... 100%.. And polaris DOMINATES the market becuase they have price point machines.... You want a bar bones machine that goes like lighting... boom. Can am its pretty well all or nothing.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Love how all the FB comments are just bashing cause it 'only' makes 120hp with a turbo.

As far as comparing them who should I believe, the guy that owns a Polaris but is surprisingly open minded or the guy that sells BRP and is positive it is better... Lol get real fellas.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Love how all the FB comments are just bashing cause it 'only' makes 120hp with a turbo.

As far as comparing them who should I believe, the guy that owns a Polaris but is surprisingly open minded or the guy that sells BRP and is positive it is better... Lol get real fellas.

you shouldn't believe ANYONE on this site lol

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Correct... Plus we arent talking about a motocross race lol... This is real life alberta riding... I would jump in my buddies maverick ANY day before I got into a 1000 rzr on a whooped out trail... 100%.. And polaris DOMINATES the market becuase they have price point machines.... You want a bar bones machine that goes like lighting... boom. Can am its pretty well all or nothing.

im not gonna argue with you.

but the Maverick is cheaper then the RZR 1000...

• Love
Reactions: K45
Top Bottom