Marijuana Legalization Canada

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again you provide no factual evidence to back up your comments and only as you say "provide thoughts based on your world".

Surely with a quick Google search you can provide a legitimate study, link or news paper articles

I've already done my research and educated myself, as can anyone that cares to seek out the facts and educate themselves as well. Then there are people, such as yourself, that are convinced despite the facts that pot is a panacea and has no downsides. Me sending you any information to the contrary is a waste of my time as nothing out there will convince you otherwise. Enjoy your drugs.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where I work there is still a zero tolerance approach for drugs/alcohol use, if either is in your system after an incident you will be dismissed

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've already done my research and educated myself, as can anyone that cares to seek out the facts and educate themselves as well. Then there are people, such as yourself, that are convinced despite the facts that pot is a panacea and has no downsides. Me sending you any information to the contrary is a waste of my time as nothing out there will convince you otherwise. Enjoy your drugs.

As I thought

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!

Enjoy your alcohol.

mountaincatab

Reaction score
Screenshot_20181021-182304.png

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a person who has dealt with the medical system for the past 9 years (had brain surgery last year) and given a huge assortment of prescribed drugs, I sometimes wonder what is the negative stigma of pot vs doctor prescribed drugs. I have been given everything from oxi to morphine to steroids and beyond. One medication was prednisone given by my doctor. That med gave me type 2 diabetes and along with some of the other drugs I was a mess. So, just because government and doctors say its ok to take because its gone thru testing doesnt mean its good for you. Granted they need more studies on pot for the severe illnesses out there but everyone needs to look at embracing this drug for its positive values and not associated with a pot head. After all, marijuana was made illegal in the US before cocaine was...... because Coca Cola needed time to tweak their syrup formula. Go figure all about money!

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a person who has dealt with the medical system for the past 9 years (had brain surgery last year) and given a huge assortment of prescribed drugs, I sometimes wonder what is the negative stigma of pot vs doctor prescribed drugs. I have been given everything from oxi to morphine to steroids and beyond. One medication was prednisone given by my doctor. That med gave me type 2 diabetes and along with some of the other drugs I was a mess. So, just because government and doctors say its ok to take because its gone thru testing doesnt mean its good for you. Granted they need more studies on pot for the severe illnesses out there but everyone needs to look at embracing this drug for its positive values and not associated with a pot head. After all, marijuana was made illegal in the US before cocaine was...... because Coca Cola needed time to tweak their syrup formula. Go figure all about money!

I agree, the pharmaceutical industry and the medical community have lots to answer for and prescription drugs can often be a nightmare. However they always have scientific studies to demonstrate their efficacy and side effects. Cannibis is not at that stage yet but there is a growing amount of anecdotal evidence that shows that the CBD in cannibis has some benefits for certain conditions. Hopefully this will be properly investigated and researched and vigorously promoted if proven.
We’re all right to have a certain amount of scepticism with the pharmaceutical industry, but as long as they continue to provide scientific evidence that can be fairly peer reviewed and assessed, those processes for drug evaluation have to remain the standard for all medications, including cannibis. Smoking pot and the medical benefits of THC however, is much more of a stretch with almost no evidence other than personal opinions. If people enjoy smoking it for recreational purposes that’s fine, but trying to justify that by saying it has medical benefits is disingenuous.

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I have done a lot of personal research on this product since I was 15. I’m now a few months off 40. The biggest thing my research has taught me is that when mixed with alcohol a good time is almost always had. It also really helps with the ensuing hangover. The one downside I have noticed is how big my belly has gotten from the munchies!!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have done a lot of personal research on this product since I was 15. I’m now a few months off 40. The biggest thing my research has taught me is that when mixed with alcohol a good time is almost always had. It also really helps with the ensuing hangover. The one downside I have noticed is how big my belly has gotten from the munchies!!
Did your eyes get a squinty too?

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if people turned on a police scanner they would be shocked at what police and fire have to deal with on a daily basis. How about the fentynol crises. The same guy overdosing two and three times a night. That’s what’s plugging up the emergency rooms right now. Not pot heads. Some family’s being charged $200-$300 for an epi-pen yet multiple free passes being handed out to the same druggy every night. Treats right. The same guy being brought back to life not once, but twice in one night.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What’s the difference between the red and the blue? Edmonton is opposite the other?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference between the red and the blue? Edmonton is opposite the other?

Pharmacies handed out the Naloxone or harm prevention programs. Just shows more kits picked up at pharmacies.

Its still a big problem

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pharmacies handed out the Naloxone or harm prevention programs. Just shows more kits picked up at pharmacies.

Its still a big problem

got that but Not familiar with the harm prevention programs?

Is that:

common people picking one up like buying a first aid kit, just being prepared for for the worst.

Vs

Handing them out in junky town, where they know they are gonna need it?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From AHS
[FONT=&quot]Harm reduction meets individuals ‘where they are at’ with the goal of reducing harm associated with substance use. It recognizes these individuals are part of the community, and in order to create healthy communities we must protect and improve the health of people who use substances. People who feel supported and part of a community, rather than isolated, are more likely to seek help when they need it.[/FONT]

Top Bottom