March conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowing in town and -2 this morning. Snow line on the hills is almost at the valley bottom.
post 132 in this section will answer all your ???? on parking and enclosed.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
You boys must be doing some pretty hard snow dancing! I started my yard work yesterday :rolleyes: and today it is snowing!!!:eek: Could pan out to be a pretty nice week for everyone :p you cannot see the tops of the mountains! I hope you all have a great last kick at season! It was great to see some snow and mudders on the hills last week I hope to be back again full time next year if it works out that way! wish me luck!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be updating the sticky on the grooming and parking for the next couple of weeks, if the snow continues to fall like has been.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowing in town and -2 this morning. Snow line on the hills is almost at the valley bottom.
post 132 in this section will answer all your ???? on parking and enclosed.

Stuck in the trees on Belle todaylots. There is a heavy crust on the snow and once you break trough, you are toast if not on the wick. The weather was everything from a blizzard to a sunny warm day. :cool:
Some new snow, about 3-4 inchs and was still coming down in spots.

Really enjoying the riding today, but beat as we left Athabasca at 3:00 am to get here today.:eek:

Good meal, good sleep and good to go tomorrow !:)

saskboy

Reaction score
Rode Renshaw on Sunday and Bell on Monday and Tuesday. The trail up Renshaw was a bit rough but we had a blast once we were up there, went up Bell on monday trail in was in pretty good shape and had a lot of fun a learned the area (thanks Barry) and we went back to bell for our last ride and has some new snow to ride in. about 6-8' and alot more in places were the wind had stashed it for us. here is a few pics I wont bother naming them all as most were taken at Bell!!!
I am very glad we made it out and had a great spring ride.

Attachments

• DSCN0533.jpg
    DSCN0533.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN0544.jpg
    DSCN0544.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN0547.jpg
    DSCN0547.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN0549.jpg
    DSCN0549.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN0565.jpg
    DSCN0565.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0554.jpg
    DSCN0554.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN0563.jpg
    DSCN0563.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 64

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Great Pictures !! Thanks Kris !!

Snowing quite a bit on Wednesday. Should make for a great long weekend. The guys are working on the Renshaw trail to keep it up as best they can. The cooler weather and snow have helped a bit.

We have no bookings after this weekend - same with alot of places in town. Anyone interested in Spring riding really should come to McBride.

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pics from Lucille today. Excellent snow and sun ! :)

Attachments

• 100_2287.jpg
    100_2287.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_2282.jpg
    100_2282.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 48

Sumitdude

Reaction score
Having a blast spring riding with Hillbilly64 Lots of snow to play in. Lots of Hills and places in the trees. A few stucks and a few holy S#@ts. But a great Two days so far.:d

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A great day again today. Went up Lucille this morning and Belle in the afternoon.
If you are going to Lucille with plans of using the BBQ you are SOL. We found the hose melted when we went to use it, and it will not work. Better plan a different lunch unless making a fire.

Great conditions and met lots of nice folks enjoying the day.:)

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
A great day again today. Went up Lucille this morning and Belle in the afternoon.
If you are going to Lucille with plans of using the BBQ you are SOL. We found the hose melted when we went to use it, and it will not work. Better plan a different lunch unless making a fire.

Great conditions and met lots of nice folks enjoying the day.:)

Will let the guys know about the BBQ. I know it was okay two weekends ago.

How the heck can they melt the BBQ hose? Vandalism?

Hillbilly64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will let the guys know about the BBQ. I know it was okay two weekends ago.

How the heck can they melt the BBQ hose? Vandalism?

Accidental I would say. Looks like it was just resting against the bottom at a bad angle.
If I was staying the weekend I would fix it, but we are leaving tomorrow.:(

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Tuesday to Thursday in the Renshaw. We found Tons of fresh Snow you just had to go and look. Trail is being groomed but at the bottom,as you can expect, it is deteriating to about KM 11. Parking at KM 2 on Friday when we left but if there was anymore than 10 trucks it got quite tight to move around. All in All a good ride, can't wait till next time.:Snowmobile1:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great day in the renshaw yesterday, full tank of fuel seemed to evaporate. Kicked an avy loose on a slope that I didn't think would ever slide. Straight up pull on a small NE facing slope, ready to do my turn and it broke about 3 feet in front of me, only about 18" slab so I just kept it pined, then did my turn behind the slide. Eye opener as we had been very careful so far this year. Started to snow and weather setting in so basically called it a day in the hills and moved to the meadows and trees.
trail up and down was in very good shape but there is very little snow to groom with from 10 down to 2. No pic's as it was a flat light day.

Top Bottom