March conditions

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went up lucielle yesterday for a quick rip and there was about 4 to 6 inches of fresh. Enought o cover up all the old tracks. Itis fairly sunny out today would be a good day today for some explorin.

hillclimb10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found some decent snow in the butterfly at lucielle yesterday. The drop in there is interesting first time in there for me.

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How bad is it to drop in to Butterfly? I've never been there and are planning to go Sat. It seems we always go to Renshaw and this trip one guy is driving out Sat so we like the idea of the short ride up to Lucelle.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
up belle today and we do need snow but if you want to go extreme, all I can say is it was very nice in the back of belle. going up renshaw tomorow to close the cabin and get ready for paint and repairs on Wed.
If peeps continue to drive on our groomed trail with their trucks I will be closing the gate and locking it. better this than to shut the grooming down early just so you can save 2 km's.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails up Belle and Lucille are in great shape with snow from the parking lots and not hooped at all.

flatlandguy

Reaction score
Trails up Belle and Lucille are in great shape with snow from the parking lots and not hooped at all.

Thanks Barry for the continuing reports and the endless work.
Hope you guys can't see up the trail for the snow falling the next few days.....headed there Fri.:d:d

Maxwe

Reaction score
I talked to a couple of guys who drove their trucks up the trail.
I stopped and explained to them that they need to stay in the parking lot.
The one guy was sorry as heck
and the other guy got all huffy about it and basically said SHOVE it.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to a couple of guys who drove their trucks up the trail.
I stopped and explained to them that they need to stay in the parking lot.
The one guy was sorry as heck
and the other guy got all huffy about it and basically said SHOVE it.

thanks for trying to help. would like to know who it was that took the second attitude. no consideration for his fellow sledder's because if the truck traffic continues grooming will come to an end. can't have trucks driving on a trail that is for sleds. going up today to try and find a solution to this warm weather parking problem.

Maxwe

Reaction score
The first truck was from alberta.
Second truck with the atitude was from BC and was from Prince george.

Maxwe

Reaction score
Barry how does that work around the road when it gets screwed up and requires a grader etc to fix up? Who pays/ Are they planning any logging up there this summer?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back from renshaw. the snow was good but spring conditions, you have to look for the good stuff and it is not close to the cabin.
trail up is rough from bottom to top and back again. will be no grooming tonite as it is to warm. no repairs to the cabin tomorrow as well because the supplies did not get taken up tonite. will try for next week when it gets colder and we can groom.
weather looks as if it is cooling down starting tomorrow.don't want to scare you off but you need to know that the trail is in bad shape.
saw no avy's today and only a small sluff, still some big cornices so stay away from them.
back out tomorrow and not sure where but it will not be the renshaw untill we can get it groomed.
the gate was installed last year to stop truck traffic as soon as the grooming is done for the year so we don't have to grade it. if minor repairs have to be done I will be doing them with the bobcat and no logging is expected in there for the next number of years--it has been classified as a recreation trail.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
renshaw was not groomed last nite, to warm but tonite for sure as the temps are cooling off at nite, could have done it last nite I think but at 7 pm it was still +4. this morning -5 should be good to go for the weekend.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear Barry, I'm heading out Friday early for a day ride in Renshaw. I have to work Sat - Sun. See you tomorrow!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw groomed last nite and will be done tonite as well. Don't park on the trail. Parking lots at renshaw are dirt not snow but the trail from the gate up has ice and snow untill about km 4, then snow.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went to bed with my lawn brown and green and got up this am to everything white and looks to be still snowing up top. about time we got some white stuff in town.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pics from Saturday at Renshaw.

Attachments

• DSC03680.jpg
    DSC03680.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC03663.jpg
    DSC03663.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC03677.jpg