March Conditions

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw trail is starting to break up and is down to icy slush for a good portion of the lower trail. I felt the temp differential was about KM19 or 20. It was defiantly getting slushy there at 1:30pm. The temps up top are well below zero and the snow decent. 6-8 inches of fresh.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up Renshaw, out to AB/BC for an excellent day! Had not been that direction for many years! 6-14in and blue sky's till around 2:30 then light cloud! Snow was setting up but still easy to throw sled around! Beautiful country out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up Renshaw, out to AB/BC for an excellent day! Had not been that direction for many years! 6-14in and blue sky's till around 2:30 then light cloud! Snow was setting up but still easy to throw sled around! Beautiful country out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just a reminder to keep close tabs on your location. Don't want to be going into Willmore Wilderness area. It's much closer to Renshaw than one would think.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a reminder to keep close tabs on your location. Don't want to be going into Willmore Wilderness area. It's much closer to Renshaw than one would think.

It sure is. We looked at the GPS and we were 4.2kms from the park boundary.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sure is. We looked at the GPS and we were 4.2kms from the park boundary.

Not to worry, we were in the legal stuff!!! And it was great!

that's good to hear. I have to admit that I personally was about 1/2 into the park unbeknownst to me until I plotted my waypoints on My GPS software at home. I now am much more careful.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I couldn't believe how close we managed to get to the park up there.

Oh, and that huge cornice is still hanging over the saddle, and there's still guys running up there. We watched two guys going at the same time yesterday even.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up Belle today, hit cabin at 10:30 just as the sun came out! 6-8" of fresh snow but sun was very warm so it was setting up! Still lots of fun! No pics, forgot camera.

We got lots of good pictures from Belle today. I'll upload some once I get home. One of our crew a tree jumped out at him. Folded the bumper into the plastic. Had to go down and do some repairs back at the trailer. Looks good minus a bumper.

Had a blast enjoyed every minute today.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the new sled Ryan?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

I love it. It's taking me a bit to learn it. Seems I need more throttle to turn. But throttle at times scares me a bit. So I end up in some stupid stucks. I need to learn how to stand closer to the bars. So use to keeping my feet at the back. Well that stance she wants to climb. Standing closer to the front it's easier to side hill.

So far really happy with it. I've gotten into places I could only look at before. And I'm able to get back out.

gumbylee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Renshaw was good today
Parked at 2 km
Less trucks today than yesterday
Could see good all day untill 3 when the weather rolled in hard
Couldnt see more than 10 feet in front of you
Waited it out and popped out the stepladder a couple of hours later...

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Renshaw as well. Was pretty good. Wind blown areas, found untouched areas. Lots of big cornices hanging in different spots. Was a good clear day all in all. We left before the bad weather rolled in.

Goforit

Reaction score
Hey J.C. It was nice to meet you guys Saturday at Belle. Hope you guys have a great week out there. I'm thinking that was my last trip of the year unfortunately, but it was a great weekend for us.
Take care and maybe see you next year!

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from March 10-13th. We rode Belle, Renshaw and Belle. Not sure which order the pictures are in.

It was T-shirt weather in the afternoons. and good sized flakes once the sun started setting.

Had a blast, going back for the 18th and 19th, Then it'll be that sad sad time to put the machines away for the summer.

I'll post some of our stucks and wrecks in the stucks and wrecks thread.

Attachments

• warm day jpeg.jpg
    warm day jpeg.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 232
  • ss fools canyon medow 1 jpeg.jpg
    ss fools canyon medow 1 jpeg.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 239
  • ss snowing jpeg.jpg
    ss snowing jpeg.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 243
  • ss the burn jpeg.jpg
    ss the burn jpeg.jpg