March Conditions

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have all next week off if some peps want a thorough tour of Renshaw up to and well beyond Spirit Lake - been riding the area 4-6 times a year for the last 15 years. Storm or sunny is the same to me.
Everybody working or on holidays that I regularly ride with, been home two weeks doing nothing.
AST1, all gear including truck and enclosed trailer.
Has to be weekdays only.

I would give myself a 7 out of 10 for ability, not typically left behind but have been stuck in some pretty ****ty spots and don't expect help to get out either. Everybody owns their own shovel.
Let me know if anybody interested, Ron Ric or Curtis on site can vouche for my abilty at Renshaw.

South Dore if you want something a little more intense.
I am leaving late tonight for out of town until Saturday night late setting up some bear stands but will check site on my phone.

Thanks

Last edited:

Surg

Reaction score
I would check on north and south Dore I was talking 2 members of sar and they were saying its closed indefinitely for caribou

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would check on north and south Dore I was talking 2 members of sar and they were saying its closed indefinitely for caribou

Thanks, thought the castle creek road was still open and yes half the alpine is closed for the caribou that have never been there.
North and south dore accesses closed for some time now.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Up Renshaw for an epic ride, out to Spirit and round behind Pyramid! Bluebird and untracked for the most part!!! Ran into Poleman from S&M and his guest just by Spirit! Trail was great up and down with 88 riders on the hill!! Great week of spring riding in McBride!! Back next year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't hook up with Higgins Unfortunately We had a run away into the trees first thing this morning . Got the Doo turned around and back to the cabin. Played back towards Alberta and had a great rest of the day Renshaw never disappoints, Always see new terrain up there GOTTA love blue skys

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have all next week off if some peps want a thorough tour of Renshaw up to and well beyond Spirit Lake - been riding the area 4-6 times a year for the last 15 years. Storm or sunny is the same to me.
Everybody working or on holidays that I regularly ride with, been home two weeks doing nothing.
AST1, all gear including truck and enclosed trailer.
Has to be weekdays only.

I would give myself a 7 out of 10 for ability, not typically left behind but have been stuck in some pretty ****ty spots and don't expect help to get out either. Everybody owns their own shovel.
Let me know if anybody interested, Ron Ric or Curtis on site can vouche for my abilty at Renshaw.

South Dore if you want something a little more intense.
I am leaving late tonight for out of town until Saturday night late setting up some bear stands but will check site on my phone.

Thanks
call me tues nite see if my foot is good to go. i would join you for a rip maybe thurs. wander out to the back side for sure.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
call me tues nite see if my foot is good to go. i would join you for a rip maybe thurs. wander out to the back side for sure.

Will do. Was looking to also have at least one from Edmonton for the dtive. I can ride till Saturday night. Family dinners and Church are Sun and Moon.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another rip up Renshaw for us Today. Sun came out again and snow is set up but still found untouched. Went further back behind Pyramid than we have ever been. Some incredible terrain and it just keeps going. Put on over 175 km
!

Last edited:

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back up Renshaw again today for the last ride of the season. Low light and warmer temps to start the day. Went through the anthills and on to Spirit. Found fresh again and rode 2 new areas with no tracks Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Back
Winter looks to be back for today anyways, went from dead calm to black sky's heavy winds and snow back there. was a race to get back before it turned into a white out.
Higgins , please thank Hot Rod and crew for another great season looking after the trails.
Cheers !

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scott, looks like you hit the mother load also!!! Good for you guys!! The trails were excellent all week long, we rode 5 days and the temps were just right at night to keep things in great condition, no complaints here! Poleman and Born Ready, was nice to cross paths with your gang!! Higgins!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If i don't find some one else to drive to Mc bride with I won't be coming.
Anybody want a ride to McBriide this week to go sledding post or send me a PM.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i don't find some one else to drive to Mc bride with I won't be coming.
Anybody want a ride to McBriide this week to go sledding post or send me a PM.
it's ok. need to go to edmonton and calgary anyway.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some from Belle on the 18th and 19th

Attachments

• 2 untounched meadows jpeg.jpg
    2 untounched meadows jpeg.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 424
  • 4 fools canyon jpeg.jpg
    4 fools canyon jpeg.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 430
  • 6 fools canyon jpeg.jpg
    6 fools canyon jpeg.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 429
  • 7 fools canyon jpeg.jpg
    7 fools canyon jpeg.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 424
  • 5 fools canyon jpeg.jpg
    5 fools canyon jpeg.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 430
  • 11 lunch in the burn jpeg.jpg
    11 lunch in the burn jpeg.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 445
  • 12 slide on the east side of big belle bowl jpeg.jpg
    12 slide on the east side of big belle bowl jpeg.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 449

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forecast say plus 12 and rain today in town of mcbride. Anybody have an update of what's happening up top? Coming down tonight.

Top Bottom