Makeup of M-series hoods

m7 carver

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody can tell me what the product is called that makes up the hoods on m series sleds. I have a crack or 2 in mine and would like to fix it but I know you need to use the exact same material. If anybody knows what touse could you please let me know. Thanks.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the automotive plastic bumper repair kit from Canadian Tire on mine and it worked great. I knew what kind of plastic those hoods were at one time, but that memory now eludes my old brain.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Two types of plastic on car bumpers theses days. One melts when you grind it and one doesn't you probably have to use a adhesion promotor and a body shop type repair kit like mentioned above

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a lexion hood on my sled, it cracked so went to home depot got tube of pl400 and some bug screen, now on inside of hood I spread a thin layer of pl400 then squished the screen into it and then spread an other layer of pl400 over that smooth out let dry turn out good

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just used zip ties to stitch my m7's hood together. I had 50-some zip ties holding it together before I caved and spent the money on a new hood haha.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just used zip ties to stitch my m7's hood together. I had 50-some zip ties holding it together before I caved and spent the money on a new hood haha.

I did the same thing on the bash plate of my quad, for a weekend, until the aluminum ones could arrive. Held up WAY better than I had expected.

Top Bottom