Made the 6 o'clock news.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming home from work on Friday afternoon, I was the unlucky fellow who got rearended by a Chevy pickup on the Yellowhead. Worst thing is that I was on my Harley. I came out of it not too bad with a knee the size of a watermelon, but no broken bones. Looks like the bike will be a write-off. Should be off work for a little while. No pictures to post of the bike. The people at the dealer where I took the bike told me they saw it on the news. I looked it up on Global TV and there it was. It showed the bike in front off the truck, but I was on my way to the hospital. Pictures to come.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Yup I saw it on the news from the chopper. Glad you are not seriously hurt. People drive way too fast and nobody does the 2 second rule. I always try to do the 2 second rule but then 2 or more cars take up that space, pisses me off.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad you got away okay. Rear ended on a bike sounds like a really crummy time.

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's gotta be my worst fear getting rear ended on the scoot . Seen a bad one myself.............Glad your OK

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I got stuck about 10 cars behind you in the left lane and of coarse I was pulling the camper and no one would let me over....so ended waiting on the firetrucks, cops, ambulance they made room for me to get by

Glad your ok...when I seen the bike didn't look to good.... so many vehicles stopped tough to tell what happened i thought the black dodge reared the white chevy that hit you

And to make matters worse...well for me not for you... i got stuck on Sunday at Entwhistle for almost the exact same crash truck rearend a bike going down the hiway

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made it back to work today. My knee is a little tender. I am an auto tech and I think using it is the best way to recover. Still no word on the condition of the Harley. To make it worse "Buddy" is a suspended driver who could not produce a pink card and was driving a company truck. Can you say "Lawyer".

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy fawk I would want to snap. They need to send guys like that to jail for a solid year. No questions asked. And while he is there make some money making plates or something to help with your bank account.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear your okay, it could have been so much worse,heard a stat "70% of motorcycle accidents are rear end collisions, bikesnot as visible and cars/trucks following to close and bikes can stop so muchfaster....

We installed these led blinking lights so along with the brake light theseannoying blinking lights alert the guy behind were stopping, doesn’t do muchgood if he's to close...but he knows were there.....
http://www.hyperlites.com/

Re the suspended driver, your insurance company will suehim and the company he was driving for, as they don’t want to have to cover thecost. Whatever company owned the truck they’re responsible to verify theirdrivers have valid license’s.

It sucks for you to be hurt and hopefully the new bike isas good as the last one....

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have not heard from the insurance company,yet. Harley dealer says over 15K damage. Looks like it will be written off. Shame, it was a really nice bike to ride.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Made it back to work today. My knee is a little tender. I am an auto tech and I think using it is the best way to recover. Still no word on the condition of the Harley. To make it worse "Buddy" is a suspended driver who could not produce a pink card and was driving a company truck. Can you say "Lawyer".
That's your insurance company's problem, not yours. That is why you pay them so much.

Top Bottom