Justin Trudeau 'open' to $1-billion B.C. power line into Alberta....... WTF??

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is all politics folks. Pure politics. End of the day what is best for Canada? Pipe line east and west with our own refining of oil. AND hydro power spanned across the country with clean coal plants as well with reduced costs on everything to Canadians because we are so awesome and the country makes money. Then I woke up. Sorry.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can argue this till your blue in the face, I am steadfast against the Enbridge project for so many reasons, no sense rehashing it here, there are literally thousands of posts on this site on the subject already. The astoundingly stupid arguement that if you dont support a ridiculous proposal for pipeline than you should not be allowed to use petroleum based products is so mind blowing dumb that I am not sure why I bother to reply, but alas I always get pulled in.

i agree... i fully support kinder morgan but NOT enbridge... building the most technically challenging pipeline through the most prestine river's BC has left is just stupid... leave them alone... not only is an oil spill a matter of when but it also opens up those areas to human development... which if you know the area at all is just sad... anything west of prince george has rivers like AB has grid roads... again i say what a stupid place for a pipeline... i am not really worried about a spill of the coast... im more worried about loosing those last few natural salmon producing rivers we have left... once gone there is no replacing them or the stock of fish they supported... this is why i don't support Enbridge... they could have picked a much better route imhop

as far as the mayor of vancouver who gives a ratz ass what he says... he has no say except that JT is his Butt buddy so he may some pull... but really... he says we need to protect the environment? Ya really mayor robert idiot ... what the crabs that are too small from poaching and the few seals that hang around... other then that what are you risking??? Any salmon that swims through there is a hatchery fish not a wild stock like enbridge threatens...oh but that's right... more tanker will be visible... this is what it comes down too... vancouverites don't care about the north... out of sight out of mind... but some stupid peer in coal harbour... gotta protect that... WTF

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those ships are a fraction of the size of an oil supertanker. As of right now there are no supertankers allowed in the Douglas Channel or Hecate Strait. There has been freighter traffic though the strait for many years, but nothing rivaling the size of an oil supertanker.

As an example the largest ship allowed to navigate the Douglas Channel is 320000 DWT, the supertankers they want to use range from 440000 to 540000 DWT, almost double in size. The max allowable size is based on depth, width and possible navigation problems.

Enbridge wants us to believe that suddenly the Douglas Channel has mysteriously become deeper, wider and less severe weather conditions.

yes i loved the map they drew up too... removing all the islands or most of them for public to look at... i saw it over layed with a real map... crazy... yet again i still don't think that's the "dangerous" part of the pipeline...

do you know if the rich owner of the canucks is still looking at taking the pipe line further north then down? I heard there were only 6 native bands effected and he had them all talking... could be a new route right there... excuse my spelling Aqullini? I think

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because it takes 20 plus years to build a project like Site C, from legislation to construction and the simple fact is we as consumers use more electricity as time goes on, if you done forcast future needs, suddenly you run out of supply.

and because lets face it... with free trade its cheap energy for the USA

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes i loved the map they drew up too... removing all the islands or most of them for public to look at... i saw it over layed with a real map... crazy... yet again i still don't think that's the "dangerous" part of the pipeline...

do you know if the rich owner of the canucks is still looking at taking the pipe line further north then down? I heard there were only 6 native bands effected and he had them all talking... could be a new route right there... excuse my spelling Aqullini? I think

I haven't heard anything on any route changes but I suspect there is something in the works, Enbridge has been far to quiet the past year. I have always thought that the Northern Gateway Project is a red herring to get the public all up in arms, then they bring out the next plan, an easier pill to swallow compared to Northern Gateway. If they released the "2nd route" first it would probably garner allot of resistance but now they would be able to say hey, we are trying to make things better for you, let us go this direction.

I dont think it will be to much longer before we start hearing things.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything on any route changes but I suspect there is something in the works, Enbridge has been far to quiet the past year. I have always thought that the Northern Gateway Project is a red herring to get the public all up in arms, then they bring out the next plan, an easier pill to swallow compared to Northern Gateway. If they released the "2nd route" first it would probably garner allot of resistance but now they would be able to say hey, we are trying to make things better for you, let us go this direction.

I dont think it will be to much longer before we start hearing things.

Courts just squashed the federal approval citing insufficient first nations approval and consultation

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Courts just squashed the federal approval citing insufficient first nations approval and consultation

But Enbridge never put up a fight, either they are giving up or about to roll out plan B.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should just focus on converting Coal plants into natural gas until Solar and Battery technology is better, natural gas is already 50% cleaner than coal and doesn't have uranium etc in it.

Their is already countries 100% solar now and they produce so much power they cant even make money on it atm.

Obviously for canada it will take better battery storage since in the spring/fall/winter their is less sunlight but theory is even with 6 hours of sunlight a day if batteries could store it better then it would be plenty.

By 2025 I completely expect them to have those problems all but solved , more and more ways of making solar panels are coming out all the time also. solar roadways etc.

Its not a wing nut type idea anymore to expect solar power to be the future in clean energy.

Perhaps trudeau needs to hold off spending bucks on hydro projects and think smarter.

Natural gas is a great alternative currently to coal as a stop check for the next 10 or so years if need be and it will also provide job security in the natural gas sector of alberta.

To be honest the pipe lines seem like a far better way to spend money , it will actually show returns to canada's economy 100 fold.

Then they can use that money for more realistic green projects in the future.
A pipeline from coast to coast would be quite the feat for our economy , US is also shipping Natural gas now too they beat us to that one.
First U.S. Gas Shipment En Route to Europe

Last edited:
Top Bottom