m7 bog

kullyhighroller

Reaction score
hey there i have a 06 m7 i been having lots of corky issues but nothing major.

i bought mine used with 1800 miles, its a good sled, totally stalk i had bogging issues because there was a bad seal on the air intake system that kept packing with snow.
also the hand and thumb warmers were shorting out causing glitches in the efi computer. my friend has a m7 too and has a turbo on it with over 200hp on stalk bottom end these are acually bullet proof motors one of the best from arctic cat but yea they do have other cheap components that can cause issues its always good after a few good rides to pay and have a good check up by an actual arctic cat dealer or shop that knows these machines and the ins and outs of them to direct you in the right area

i plan on putting a mbrp can on it but hear that cans do no good for these machines and can cause issues any input on that subject anyone?

Jasonschaaf

Reaction score
My brother an I had identical cf 7s I put a black magic can on and he put a mbrp he had problems a bog at 5-6500 rpm he put the stock can back on no probs apparently mbrp cans are tested at sea level not 2500 ft and the 7s need back pressure .check the stock can if there's anything left inside or is it wild open I still have the stock can basically brand new if it may help you

Ruegsegger

Reaction score
Check your power valve cable length I can't remember what the measurement is but you have to be pretty close to make sure they open at the right time. Also check to make sure the powervalve servo motor is working it should turn on around 6500rpm. If you sled starts bogging around 6500rpm it more than likely has something to do with the powervalves not opening at the right time. For the record I have an MBRP can on mine with zero issues. Hope this helps.

usher

Reaction score
35mm i think. I had the same issue with my M7 at WOT. Sounded like it is missing. When i adjusted the cables it became a whole new sled.

Check your power valve cable length I can't remember what the measurement is but you have to be pretty close to make sure they open at the right time. Also check to make sure the powervalve servo motor is working it should turn on around 6500rpm. If you sled starts bogging around 6500rpm it more than likely has something to do with the powervalves not opening at the right time. For the record I have an MBRP can on mine with zero issues. Hope this helps.

colton_lasko

Reaction score
If you have a can on it then some of the m7s don't take to them well I have a can on mine and had to put a big bore intake on after there cheap and easy and cleaned it right up

Jimbara

Reaction score
make sure that your power valve cables are hooked up to the servo. there is an update for the cables. its a clip that goes over the pully that keeps the cables from slipping off the servo. easy to check. pull your pipe and take off the cover on the power valve servo pully to see if they are still attached. the update clip cost $5 bucks from your dealer.

Top Bottom