M1100t thoughts

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use the search button there are alot of topics already on this.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clutches are junk, chain case is junk, jackshaft flexes, motor mounts are junk, fit and finish is crap, and they are heavy. But if you spend about $5-10 grand you can make them work pretty good. These sleds depreciate faster than any sled out there. I'm glad I sold mine. Btw I love my new Ski-doo.

shaunster111

Reaction score
I have my completely built with Evo everything and the sled is great that being said I've put 30g's in I would be lucky to sell the thing for 13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some that have issues (Arctic Cat's QC wasn't the best in 2012). The 2013 is better, and with the correct mods (stay away from the hijacker, waste of $$$) they are incredible. In stock form, the power to weight is about equal to an 800 at lower elevations, but improves as altitude increases. I would suggest you ride one before you buy to see if it's a correct "fit" for you, and try to ride a 2013 or 2014 model - there is significant improvements over the 2012. If you are looking to build a mod sled (increased hp) - you will be spending $$$ to beef up the driveline, as stock hp is all the driveline can handle, period. I own a 2013 with a bunch of EVO mods that works REALLY well, and I've ridden a Speedwerx modded M1100 that also worked well, too. The key is in the setup - are you a capable wrench, or are you paying someone to do the work for you? I do all of my work myself, which has saved me a bunch of $$$. My only failure on the sled in 840 miles has been a starter solonoid, jackshaft bearing and a chain - still on the original drive belt. Mine runs a team tied secondary (from new), a C3 belt drive, and I've just added EVO's TCL delete kit, so this sled should be bulletproof now. In regards to shaunster111's comment - used mod sleds generally don't sell for more then a stocker, and in most cases for less.

joebrokeit

Reaction score
Agree with markoo on fit and finish cats qc is non existent! Hopefully Yamaha will fix that:) I've got a13 and like it. Stock except for a can. Blown very only issue besides a ton of loose parts:( would like better clutching and a echo chip but all in all happy with Thumper:).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Sleds

Reaction score
I would work on it myself but by the replies that I read I would be buying one in a hurry thanks for the input guys

rider 1

Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2014 1100t and was just wondering what up grades you might recommend to make it bullet proof thanks for your time

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought a 2014 1100t and was just wondering what up grades you might recommend to make it bullet proof thanks for your time

i have had lots of seat time on them on my 14 demo will be my 4th sold all the others to happy customers..:) we run the speedwerx 240 kit it just simply rocks... adjustable mapping allows you to have 4 settings
1- 87 octane stock hp
2- 91 octane 240 hp :):):) and it saves fuel over stock sled... no bs..
3- race fuel...300 ish - requires additional clutching
4- 91 octane is stock setting...which as along as your not on # 3 is a safety that it will revert back to if theres an issue...

*** we dont use the race settings as all other settings are hands free.... set it on # 2 240 hp awesome power,
better fuel economy than stock, i set it and leave it there...# 1 is if u get someplace that has no premium otherwise u hit your octane sensor and it may put u into limp mode...not sure if other programs have that...

there have been issues in the past with belts, that i believe have been addressed... the turbo like the big bores require you to be very dedicated to proper break in on the belts.... otherwise ur note gonna get the life out of them... i had no belt issues with my 2012 or either of the 2013's and so far nothing on the 14... i put over 1200 miles on the 2012...(38000) on the pickup and took a few yrs off my marriage with all my traveling thought...oops.... understandably got less miles in 2013 :( but the sled still rocked....

as well the shift issue was corrected on the 2012 and the early release 2013 black ltd models.... some issues are man made... there was definitely some qc issues in 2012.... but arctic cat did step up and give and extra yr warranty on those sleds plus looked after the issue, and have continued in my experience as a dealer...

not sure about all the guys saying 30 k invested the 240 kit is 2 k installed..... course i run stock snopro suspension

there are options and personal upgrades or deletes you can get,,,

my personal favorites include simmons gen 1 skis and a lefty throttle...

feel free to contact me at your convenience....
780-826-6121

Terry
Owner
T&T

Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on My second one. At first I hated the first one A 2012 but that was because of the laid back steering post. Once I got the vertical steering post installed and got some seat time on it I really took a shine to it. Is it heavy, yes it is but with the 240 kit and deep enough snow I hardly notice it. Now the 2014 I really love. The narrow ski stance compared ti the 2014 is a great improvement as well as the 2.6" track over the 2.25" the 2012 had. I've only got a little over 300 miles on my 14 but it's promising to be a great ride. All I need now is some snow

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sled does have some issues, but with a respectable dealership behind you, these should be eliminated or at least minimized. If on the otherhand, you are stuck with a dealership that is the worst in the province then you will probably hate the sled as you may only get 12 miles on it and have it in the shop for 68 days and counting. But that might not be the case unless your from Grande Prairie.

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your situation, But I have a different opinion. I have had 2 Cats over the years , not consecutive and Northgate has treated me awesome with both of them. Sleds have had some issues and they have been more than accommodating and very reasonable. I'd definetly buy there again.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rented a new 2013 M1100 162, just the other day, in hopes of purchasing one. The sled had 70km on it when I started, and finished the day with 110.

We rode big snow all day. The turbo power was alright, and this was comparing to a 190 Nytro with us. They seemed pretty close. The M1100 though is a very crude machine compared to the Nytro. AC clutching is disgusting. The belt gernaded half way through the day. The Nytro put the similar mileage on, under the same conditions and had fuel left. The Cat ran out.
The factory boards are pretty bad for snow build up. Going slow, plowing snow at near full throttle, the power definitely drops off. The AtoA intercooler seems to be a waste of weight and space.
It doesn't start very good either.
In deep snow though, with the right technique, it seemed not too bad to handle. I THINK with some tweaking, it could be ok... but with the new Viper coming out, I'm not sure why you would waste time or money on the Cat. The harsh clutching, and added weight alone of the Cat power/drivetrain would turn me off.

Glad I rented it though. You can't say your ride is the best if you never take the competition for a rip.

PhillyP

Reaction score
Got a 2013 M1100 Turbo with Bikeman Performer Bolt on kit, running Bikeman Tuning, 260-270 hp range dialed up, runs great so far, love the pull, love the ride, doesn't feel as heavy as it is!!

Top Bottom