M1000 3" track?

08xpx

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 3" track on the M1. Trying to decide wether or not to do it and if it's worth it. There is no warranty on a cut down track. Cooling issues etc. any input would be appreciated

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What, you don't like the one that's under there now? LOL.
Seriously though, the sled will turn it quite well, you will have accelerated hyfax wear on the trail over the 2.5 or 2.25" tracks, no engine cooling issues that I know of. Bad news is if it chunks paddles due to overheating, you are on your own. Check with mountain magic - they posted that the 3" will be available in a 15 wide single ply track from factory this upcoming season. Deano 670 has installed a bunch of them, too - may wanna PM him.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be able to tell you next winter, I put a deposit down on the new 15 wide 3 inch and I will be putting it under a 2008 M1000 162. I am also going to do some porting and put a head on as well.

One thing I can say is that the 3inch works. I have one on my M8 race gas turbo (16 inch cut down to 15), I upgraded from the powder claw track. If I had to guess I could climb as high with my M8 at 9lbs with the 3 inch, where the same sled would go at 13 lbs with the other track, it just keeps climbing.

One of my concerns will be keeping the front end down because I have a stock skid in the M1000 and the tracks hooks up really well.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 3" on my M1 this year. b_doornebal is right...it hooks up awesome. I haven't had any problems with it yet and I've had it on some long, no snow, and icy trail rides to get to the hills. Very impressed with it this far. Totally different sled compared to the claw

Romabout

Reaction score
GO FOR IT
I've had mine for two seasons now.
Love it. I drooped my skid to lower hole front and back for a little more clearance. My stock sliders will still be good for another season. and I have road 1 day ever weekend. The only problem is getting the balls to go where it will take me..:cool:
Just make sure you cut down the metal clips on diamond drive side so they don't hit and trim corners of paddles so there not hitting cooler tubes in the tunnel.

08xpx

Reaction score
The new 15" wide 3" is a peak design I have a friend who put one on his new Polaris. Loves it over the stock track doesn't wear very well. Paddles chunking. I might wait on that idea not a big fan of its design. Might chance the cut down one instead still not sure. Thank you all for your input. Was very informative.

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the 15 wide 3 inch is a new design for a track and is very similar to the single ply design. If you look in the general snowmobiling section there is a forum that shows a pic and talks a bit about it.

It should hold together much better than the peak

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the 15 wide 3 inch is a new design for a track and is very similar to the single ply design. If you look in the general snowmobiling section there is a forum that shows a pic and talks a bit about it.

It should hold together much better than the peak

Chris Brown got one of the proto type tracks from Camoplast.Last time I talked to Chris we was loving it,hopefully he will let us all know what he thinks about it once the season is done.

08xpx

Reaction score
I can't seem to find the thread any chance of sending it to me I am very interested. Couple people I know have the 16 wide 3" wouldn't have anything else. But I'm still shopping. Going to have a good condition 162 2 1/4 power claw for sale soon.

Top Bottom