Lumberton

styylesnwife

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Is there a thread for this area?
We are planning a trip out there 1st weekend in Feb and looking to get more info on the area. Maps, Directions, Conditions, trail passes and distance from Kimberly?
Thanks

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
Is there a thread for this area?
We are planning a trip out there 1st weekend in Feb and looking to get more info on the area. Maps, Directions, Conditions, trail passes and distance from Kimberly?
Thanks
If you go to the Cranbrook Snowmobile Club website there are directions and maps. The riding area is about 45 minutes from Kimberley. The club is grooming and the trails are in good shape. Enjoy your trip.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the link:

Trail passes $20 per day. Conditions are like most places right now....suffering for snow, but decent. About 10 minutes south of Cranbrook, turn right off the highway and follow the plowed road to the parking lot. Logging is finished for the winter, but still quite a bit of traffic on the road so be cautious. Maps at the trailhead or on the website. Enjoy.

Last edited:

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Here's the link:

Trail passes $20 per day. Conditions are like most places right now....suffering for snow, but decent. About 10 minutes south of Cranbrook, turn right off the highway and follow the plowed road to the parking lot. Logging is finished for the winter, but still quite a bit of traffic on the road so be cautious. Maps at the trailhead or on the website. Enjoy.

What's the road condition like ? we're dragging a four place enclosed.

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the road condition like ? we're dragging a four place enclosed.
The road is a main logging road and is generally plowed and sanded, the parking lot is more than large enough to accommodate large trailers as long as everyone parks properly. It is 15 km to the parking lot and a substantial elevation gain, 4x4 is recommended.

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
Anyone headed to Lumberton tomorrow? There is a group of 7 headed there to check things out. Be awesome to have a guy / gal to show us the area.

BRENNO1981

Reaction score
How was your ride??
It was great. We went towards fibreglass hill then back tracked to heaven. Overall it was a nice area to explore. We met a couple fellas at the cabin an had a chat about the area. Friendly guys. They informed a member of our group that he had never seen anyone try to climb up into heaven the way he did. (hope these dudes are on Snow and mud. lol)
I will definitely be coming back.

Last edited:

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was great. We went towards fibreglass hill then back tracked to heaven. Overall it was a nice area to explore. We met a couple fellas at the cabin an had a chat about the area. Friendly guys. They informed a member of our group that he had never seen anyone try to climb up into heaven the way he did. (hope these dudes are on Snow and mud. lol)
I will definitely be coming back.
It looked like a great day out the window, keep in mind this is also a low snow year, imagine another three or four feet of snow everywhere.

styylesnwife

Reaction score
OK everyone, we are planning the trip for the 7, and 8th of Feb.
I am looking at forecast and not looking good. Forecast shows rain every day, dose this mean snow on the trails?
We are staying in Kimberley and also what I would like to know has anyone been out recently and is there any snow out there.
Also if I am bringing newbies with me and had to travel farther away to get snow where would you recommend?
Thanks again for all the info so far!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK everyone, we are planning the trip for the 7, and 8th of Feb.
I am looking at forecast and not looking good. Forecast shows rain every day, dose this mean snow on the trails?
We are staying in Kimberley and also what I would like to know has anyone been out recently and is there any snow out there.
Also if I am bringing newbies with me and had to travel farther away to get snow where would you recommend?
Thanks again for all the info so far!

Yup, we still have snow....just not what we normally have. Still grooming every week. Gotta watch for land mines if you get off the main trails. Lumberton trailhead is much higher in altitude than Cranbrook, so chances are rain down here will be wet snow up there. Still don't have a place to send you for more snow than there. Ordinarily I'd send you out my way to Moyie, but we're hurting for snow this year. St Mary's area closer to Kimberley will probably have snow, but it's a tough area if you don't know your way around. No established trail system,maps,grooming etc. Lotsa good playing in Lumberton. You'll have fun. Wish I was off, I'd go with you.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice vid Ken, Let me know when the time is good and I'll venture your way for a weekend.

You bet Doug. That vid is pretty typical for April, though maybe not this year. It's my favorite time to hit Lumberton. I'll let you know if/when we get some snow.

styylesnwife

Reaction score
Yup, we still have snow....just not what we normally have. Still grooming every week. Gotta watch for land mines if you get off the main trails. Lumberton trailhead is much higher in altitude than Cranbrook, so chances are rain down here will be wet snow up there. Still don't have a place to send you for more snow than there. Ordinarily I'd send you out my way to Moyie, but we're hurting for snow this year. St Mary's area closer to Kimberley will probably have snow, but it's a tough area if you don't know your way around. No established trail system,maps,grooming etc. Lotsa good playing in Lumberton. You'll have fun. Wish I was off, I'd go with you.

Ok that sounds great thanks for all your help and advice....greatly appreciated

Top Bottom