Looks like the kitty’s are back

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally am happy that they settled this finally. Sadly Textron drug their feet a bit to long settling and buyers walked to other brands to find a ride for this season which sucks for the dealers.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally am happy that they settled this finally. Sadly Textron drug their feet a bit to long settling and buyers walked to other brands to find a ride for this season which sucks for the dealers.
Textron ironically was the worst thing to happen to CAT.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad they can sell them again, I want my local Cat dealer to thrive for years to come. That said Cat needs a new chassis and an 850 or factory turbo. The Alpha is a fantastic sled but that was 3 model years ago and they are losing ground on Doo and Poo.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a true Ski-doo guy nowadays but growing up we were arctic cat. I'm not old but I'm wise enough to know that the more brands there are the better it is for the industry as a whole. I'm happy they came to an agreement!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well done BRP! It is very nice to show mercy to Cat. This shows they are a stand up company and put the industry and Cat customers ahead of their own greed. You can fight back when someone takes advantage of you but you can also let them out of a chokehold before they pass out or die.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are the 2021's getting sent to the dealers? Or do they have them but wasn't allowed to see them?

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ I personally know of 6 different Doo's in our group with more than 20,000 trouble free km. Dont get me wrong I had the old cat 800's and they were amazing but the new cat is way behind.

EldestEldo

Reaction score
Well done BRP! It is very nice to show mercy to Cat. This shows they are a stand up company and put the industry and Cat customers ahead of their own greed. You can fight back when someone takes advantage of you but you can also let them out of a chokehold before they pass out or die.

Id hold back on that praise until we find out what it cost Cat.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's old news. What isn't known is what it cost cat to get out from under the court injunction that forbid them from selling sleds.

Textron sold some aircraft parts to Trudy to fix our junk planes. So Canada paid as usual. We pay for everything world wide anyway.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I posted this a awhile back in another thread. I think BRP paid out or found a way to not pay out Cat, so no BRP is not some almighty company that showed "mercy" lol:

https://snoriderswest.com/article/ge...ears.%E2%80%9D

If you read about the 40 day extension BRP asked for, that letter is dated October 6, 2020. Me thinks some big game playing going on. Lots of money involved on the BRP side....46.7 Mill USD.

Just happy to see people getting sleds!

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ I personally know of 6 different Doo's in our group with more than 20,000 trouble free km. Dont get me wrong I had the old cat 800's and they were amazing but the new cat is way behind.
Way behind?????? Lol i have a twin rail cat and it even hangs a beating on 850's lol, if cat had an 850 ctec it wouldnt even be fair

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Way behind?????? Lol i have a twin rail cat and it even hangs a beating on 850's lol, if cat had an 850 ctec it wouldnt even be fair

I've owned all 3 (Cat/Poo/Doo) since 2014; and most of who hangs a beating on who right now is more related to who clutched and set up each sled. Also what you are comparing. A straight climb vs adding anything technical will yield a different beating. I'm too old now to not spend time sitting and watching; so I've seen each brand go from very average to dominating in the same bowl on the same day.

Top Bottom