Looking good for the mtn cat

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys can be brand loyal all.you want only hurting your self pay the same and get less

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't either was kinda waiting for the new engine to be released but it didn't pan out.

pretty hard to not buy one with the zuki, such a good engine and the prices were super....I got a 153 limited green

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
What did you think of the new clutches compared to previous stock machines?

Put a mountain cat to work yesterday and wow does it rip, rode it along side 16 doo's and my older cat and the mountain cat gains speed all the way up the hill. If you sit back and watch it's quite a noticeable difference of track speed, ride is very easy I found I was over riding the sled compared to my 14. It takes much less input to put on edge and side hill which will be a learning curve for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The whole sled is dialed, there's really no explanation other then it flat out works,Kind of like the 2011 m series. Clutching engagement is buttery smooth and the sled gains speed on every climb it seen and there was some big ones to say the least.
No I'm not a dealer just very impressed by what I experience and witnessed that 153 do this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsteve

Reaction score
You want the sled to beat in 16/17.... the mtn cat with a jaws pipe setup right will eat any other 17.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
You guys can be brand loyal all.you want only hurting your self pay the same and get less

I'm not brand loyal at all, I want what ever I feel is more comfortable. Hence when I tried the xm, and the pro, and the axys, compared to my sled it was noticeable that the doo's and pro's were definitely better, of the three I actually preferred the 13' pro I tried. With the axys probably next. But after those i rose the mountain cat and felt better on it that the other 3 I will try more before I buy for sure but my honest unbiased opinion is that the new cat is a big improvement. That said I really
Liked the 13' pro I tried with the set up it had

Reactions: DUS

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not brand loyal at all, I want what ever I feel is more comfortable. Hence when I tried the xm, and the pro, and the axys, compared to my sled it was noticeable that the doo's and pro's were definitely better, of the three I actually preferred the 13' pro I tried. With the axys probably next. But after those i rose the mountain cat and felt better on it that the other 3 I will try more before I buy for sure but my honest unbiased opinion is that the new cat is a big improvement. That said I really
Liked the 13' pro I tried with the set up it had
*Rode*

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

knh208

Reaction score
It's fun having the underdog, especially when you hear the list of excuses why the other brands didn't keep up on a climb.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic cat has failed it's mountain sled customers this year. They want change lighter, more power, cleaner running, better handling, better track, narrower and got very little! Cat has fallen way behind in 3rd place I'd be suprised if anyone really snow checks one this year! I don't know of anyone and know of probably 20 people for the other 2 brands

So, how's your first year of sledding and 10th year of keyboard riding going so far?

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just giving a honest opinion on the sleds .....you could try to hang if you like hahaha

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think your on the wrong section of this forum, the entry level section is what your looking for. Look under DOO, you will find beginner and entry level info.
Hey here is the Doo crew....getting to know each other. This is a Cat section, its over your abilities for now, maybe later though.
Wow mime, u talk about Brandon and me being brand bias

This post is far out in left feild

mudmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I just bought a new 2016 800ltd 162" and I'm very impressed with the sled so far. Everyone keeps complaining about the motor and I'm not sure why? Very reliable, simple design that makes 160hp and gets decent fuel economy. The new team clutches work very well, 3" track climbs awesome and decent on the hard pack. The new front end makes the sled just about too easy to toss around, I find I'm over riding the sled. With all the changes to the 2017 model, the new cat will be that much better yet. They are great looking sleds with good warranty and priced very well. Good job cat, keep up the good work!

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I just bought a new 2016 800ltd 162" and I'm very impressed with the sled so far. Everyone keeps complaining about the motor and I'm not sure why? Very reliable, simple design that makes 160hp and gets decent fuel economy. The new team clutches work very well, 3" track climbs awesome and decent on the hard pack. The new front end makes the sled just about too easy to toss around, I find I'm over riding the sled. With all the changes to the 2017 model, the new cat will be that much better yet. They are great looking sleds with good warranty and priced very well. Good job cat, keep up the good work!

Yes I over rode it at first as well when coming off my 14, but you will get it down pat very quickly!

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
first time caller, lifelong Cat fan
little bit of buying strategy on the 17s
rebates were offered already in Dec on the 16s
wasn't much in the way of incentives offered to snowcheck this year, so might as well hold off until Dec and see if the winter warrants a new sled and cash in on rebates
probably get your $14.500 sled

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snowmobile.com picks the ****tiest snow to do their review rides.

Top Bottom