Looking good for the mtn cat

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a special liking for Cat's, always had great success with them over the year's.
Today i believe they are the most rounded mountain sled on the market, not awesome at one thing but great at everything.
While Polaris and Doo have had similar ideas on sleds in a different package both aiming at ease of handling and technical terrain, especially Polaris. While Doo slightly friendlier for new comer's, Cat kept working on what actually work's in the mountain's in all situation's. I love that about them.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I have a special liking for Cat's, always had great success with them over the year's.
Today i believe they are the most rounded mountain sled on the market, not awesome at one thing but great at everything.
While Polaris and Doo have had similar ideas on sleds in a different package both aiming at ease of handling and technical terrain, especially Polaris. While Doo slightly friendlier for new comer's, Cat kept working on what actually work's in the mountain's in all situation's. I love that about them.
How dare you!! Prepare for a real hard flaming.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic cat has failed it's mountain sled customers this year. They want change lighter, more power, cleaner running, better handling, better track, narrower and got very little! Cat has fallen way behind in 3rd place I'd be suprised if anyone really snow checks one this year! I don't know of anyone and know of probably 20 people for the other 2 brands

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arctic cat has failed it's mountain sled customers this year. They want change lighter, more power, cleaner running, better handling, better track, narrower and got very little! Cat has fallen way behind in 3rd place I'd be suprised if anyone really snow checks one this year! I don't know of anyone and know of probably 20 people for the other 2 brands

3142367.jpg

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
not to sure about way behind, i rode and axys this year for s short time, and have ridden an xm a few times. in mcbride 2 weeks ago tried the mountain cat and found pretty damn close to the other to for laying it over, and definitely found it a little more powerful. i was pretty impressed because before i tried the mountain at i was really swaying towards a door or poo for my next...with that said i probably won't be buying brand new when do so may give the pro a try for a year or two until the MC is a little more in my price range

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had all 3 and spent lots of time on all 3 if you ride hard then they do not stack up. Motor is great for reliability but needs an update and the chassy is way to have and track is ****ing horrible. My first choice has allways been cat until lately I try the new small refinments every year but you can't make chicken soup out of chicken ****

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had all 3 and spent lots of time on all 3 if you ride hard then they do not stack up. Motor is great for reliability but needs an update and the chassy is way to have and track is ****ing horrible. My first choice has allways been cat until lately I try the new small refinments every year but you can't make chicken soup out of chicken ****

270a96e22b1151364688489c87e4c38be337d575b1139a09df56ad32c8d938de.jpg

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't give a **** about spelling but love how when people have no reply that's what they go to on this page what a ****ing joke!

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a failure at all. Yes people wanted more but that will come next year IMO. Soo many people want the lightest sled on the hill, well I want a sled I don't have to constantly worry about folding up if I catch a strong westerly wind the wrong way. The motor is rock solid and it's only now that the other two have caught up in power. Not sure why all the hate on the track. I ran the 2.6 and now run the 3" and think they're great. No question though that the plastics need to be snugged up and it can likely be lightened up a bit more without sacrificing strength but it won't be polaris light. I think it's an underrated sled.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't give a **** about spelling but love how when people have no reply that's what they go to on this page what a ****ing joke!

whats to say, you're just another doo tard that trashes every other brand and is an industry expert on all things.....go hang out in the doo threads

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned more cats then anything else have had a 2014 pro climb with a speed werx pro charger and a stockish 800 only ride other brands now because I like to ride hard and the pro climb is not competitive with the competition right nowb

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cats are the definitely the best sled for jumps, whips and hucking off cliffs. Freerides are nice too, but the Cats come around way faster/better.

Work wicked in the trees and climb good. They have some issues, but good all around sled.

They need better boards, bars and controls. Most pro's run the angled post.

If I got one Id get; better boards, bars and controls. and the angled post haha

A diet would be great too. Lots of easy weight loss to be had with those things.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put a mountain cat to work yesterday and wow does it rip, rode it along side 16 doo's and my older cat and the mountain cat gains speed all the way up the hill. If you sit back and watch it's quite a noticeable difference of track speed, ride is very easy I found I was over riding the sled compared to my 14. It takes much less input to put on edge and side hill which will be a learning curve for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned more cats then anything else have had a 2014 pro climb with a speed werx pro charger and a stockish 800 only ride other brands now because I like to ride hard and the pro climb is not competitive with the competition right nowb

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats to say, you're just another doo tard that trashes every other brand and is an industry expert on all things.....go hang out in the doo threads
I've already pinned him with an annoying high pitch voice and shrunken little ball's.
Or he's going through premature puberty.
images

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never got to try my new 2016 M8000, it's going to be a long wait until the snow flies next winter

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think your on the wrong section of this forum, the entry level section is what your looking for. Look under DOO, you will find beginner and entry level info.
Hey here is the Doo crew....getting to know each other. This is a Cat section, its over your abilities for now, maybe later though.

Top Bottom