looking for track replacement advice

xpsledneck

Reaction score
Well busted my track in half on the weekend so i am looking for some advice on replacing the track. it is on an 08 rev xp 154
Any advice is much appreciated.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would buy a camoplast extreme if i were you.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone that the camo etreme is the best bet for yah. The nice thing is that it comes in a 2.86 pitch and 2.5" lug, not just 3.0pitch anymore. So you wouldnt even have to swap out your drivers. But the advantage to swapping out your drivers is that you'd be able to run your track looser as the design of the doo stock drivers causes a person to have to run track a fair bit tighter so that it doesn't ratchet. But you can just swap track out for camo extreme with no issues.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with everyone that the camo etreme is the best bet for yah. The nice thing is that it comes in a 2.86 pitch and 2.5" lug, not just 3.0pitch anymore. So you wouldnt even have to swap out your drivers. But the advantage to swapping out your drivers is that you'd be able to run your track looser as the design of the doo stock drivers causes a person to have to run track a fair bit tighter so that it doesn't ratchet. But you can just swap track out for camo extreme with no issues.

How loose should the track be on a 09 800 xp 154". When I jack up the back end off the ground the track hangs about 1.25" below the sliders. Is that too loose, too tight or in the ball park.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How loose should the track be on a 09 800 xp 154". When I jack up the back end off the ground the track hangs about 1.25" below the sliders. Is that too loose, too tight or in the ball park.

That shouldn't be to bad. I personally like to run them as loose as possible without them ratcheting.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another vote for the camo extreme. Curtis from Tracks Canada can help you out, he had the best prices when I was looking for one.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the highjack. I would like to change out the track on my 04 REV but after viewing the website mention it sure looks like the same one i have just with a deeper lug. I'm thinking my stock is only a 2" (x16 x 151) camoplast. Here's a pic. Does the extra 1/2" make that much difference? Will a 2.5" fit in my skid without a drop/ roll.

Attachments

• 100_2596.jpg
    100_2596.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 66

xpsledneck

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys i am looking into prices as i can get a takeoff for 450 but if it isent to much mor i will go with the camoplast.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry about the highjack. I would like to change out the track on my 04 REV but after viewing the website mention it sure looks like the same one i have just with a deeper lug. I'm thinking my stock is only a 2" (x16 x 151) camoplast. Here's a pic. Does the extra 1/2" make that much difference? Will a 2.5" fit in my skid without a drop/ roll.

a 2.5 will fit, but you need smaller drivers on the driveshaft or a drop and roll lots of work. 04 stock summit track was 2 " , the 2.5 should be a big improvement without a lot of work.

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did a track change on my 09 163 to the camo extreme 16x2.5 2.86 pitch love it like night and day over the stocker dont leave a 4 foot trench everywhere I go anymore the stocker had way to much porting in it. The only thing I did wrong is I should of went with the 3 pitch and changed the drivers you dont have to change the drivers and it will work but its not as efficent and you dont want anything more holding that track up cause its going to weight in more than the stocker did

LetItSnow:xmas-smiley-010:

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Do I have to modify the distance between my rails for a 15" wide track over a 16" wide track?

I am in the same boat as XPSledneck (2008 XP Summit 154 with pooched track) and I was wondering if a 156 would fit with the current skid? would I need rail extensions?

would 15wide be better than the 16 wide? I actually rub a bit with my track and the dealer had to change the rear grab bar bolts to stop the rubbing. but would keeping my tunnell clear be an issue with more room in there with a 15"?

I am thinking 2.5" paddle, what size drivers will i want to go to with that larger paddle size?

Thanks Guys,

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The distance between the rails is the same if it's 15" or 16" wide. There has been quite afew guys swithcin there doo tracks out for the cat track.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Thanks Glengine,

Now if I want a 2.5" paddle what size drivers do I need?

also if I want to try a 156 will I need rail extensions?

Thank You,

mountainhunter

Reaction score
has anybody got a good look at doo"s new 2.5 . dealer said it has hollow paddles to keep the rotating weight down , seems like a descent idea but durability? got sucked into a challenger lite a few years back because of weight . and that started blowing paddles very quickly . not cool ..

Top Bottom