Looking for things to do to the Doo!

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I've been doing a little tinkering on the sled lately and have the itch to doo more.

What kind of mods have you done to your rev and how have they worked out for you?

I have done a few thing to my rev; mbrp can, 10" riser, heavy duty front springs, better boards, 15 wide chain, knee pads, swed saw under the hood (see user name) switched out lame skidoo board extrutions for newer cat ones (thanks Marcuso), floated the secondary (thanks Duck), venting (dootalk guy), clutching set up by Randy (motortech),total engine rebuild with high comp head,porting,custom y pipe (Terra Alps :wtg:) Switched out 6mm y pipe bolts to 8mm (also Ted) added some graphics last season, and with the high mileage I have replaced all a arm bushings and all four ball joints. That might be all of it??

The suspension is stock other that the heavy springs and having the shocks recharged, maybe somthing to doo there??

All I know is that two of my favorite sled mods came from peeps on this site and I'm looking for more!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ill be honest and most people wont agree with me. but i have had extremely good luck with boondockers nitrous on rev sleds. it hurts my feelings watching my cousins stock 151 rev with nitrous eat my 2010 xp 163 alive :(

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'de think with all that stuff you have done to your sled that a picture would be forthcoming.... just saying.:sun:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Have you thought about a Team secondary? My buddy runs a Team secondary (floated of course) with one of Mountain Magics helix's and he can outclimb our 800 Summit XP's.......His is also a 2006-162" mind you vs the 154.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A good question for the tree guy is where are all you stock parts,I have a 04 Rev that needs a few.
catmando!
I have a feeling I may see that Rev first hand in Elkford this year!

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A good question for the tree guy is where are all you stock parts,I have a 04 Rev that needs a few.
catmando!
I have a feeling I may see that Rev first hand in Elkford this year!

Not a lot of stock parts, stock head and front spring is all I can think of. Most things were just added or replaced worn parts.
I have some clutch parts and a complete e start less the ring gear.

You will see this rev in Elkford for sure!...and probably the swed saw.:d

Orrin, I will post pics soon, new computer this summer so all I have loaded are bike pics. lol

Duck, I spent a lot of time and money trying to get this clutch just right!... very scared to start over again!:fear:

Maxwell, Nos has "no" right in its name!:eek:;)

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Not a lot of stock parts, stock head and front spring is all I can think of. Most things were just added or replaced worn parts.
I have some clutch parts and a complete e start less the ring gear.

You will see this rev in Elkford for sure!...and probably the swed saw.:d

Orrin, I will post pics soon, new computer this summer so all I have loaded are bike pics. lol

Duck, I spent a lot of time and money trying to get this clutch just right!... very scared to start over again!:fear:

Maxwell, Nos has "no" right in its name!:eek:;)

Probably not alot needed then except BLING.... My 2004 renegade got 6 tricked toys billet wheels......
How about a BOSS seat?

Attachments

• ph-10216.jpg
    ph-10216.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 335

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably not alot needed then except BLING.... My 2004 renegade got 6 tricked toys billet wheels......
How about a BOSS seat?

Bling would be good, I already installed my "Look at me" graphics, but more is always good!

I like the look of the billet wheels, i was tossing around the idea of a inside wheel kit or maybe just a big wheel kit with billet wheels.

The boss seat would be nice, my sled is the 06x so it came with the 440 race seat. If it had the old style seat it would be a no brainer, but I'm unsure if upgrading what I have would be worth it, the only time I actually sit on the seat is when we are stopped. I know that the boss seat are made for ease of mobility, but I,m 6'1" and dont have no problem stepping from side to side.
I do like the look though, what is the storage and zippers like. I have been known to pack a lot of crap with me and my seat doesn't have any storage space.

Does anybody have an after market suspension under there rev? what kind? what are the benefits?

Drop down brackets are they something to look into?

Thanks for the replys guys.
Steve

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
If you have the race seat, then your good. My 04 had the race seat and I would not change that. My 08 had a crappy hard seat, so on the Boss went. With the Boss seat, I was able to get rid of the tunnel bag. There is alot of room for stuff in the Boss seat. The zippers are ok now but heard they had problems in years past. I also went with billet wheels on the 04 and 08 because of possible problems with breakage and kept them as spares....

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a couple pics on the camara.

A common pose for my sled
P1160154.jpg

The sled with some Whore...oops I mean hoar.
P2230275.jpg

This pic is not sideways... thats just the terrain we ride. lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are still running the stock track I would go longer and higher, since you have more power with the motor mods that would be where my next step would be anyway. A new track will make a huge improvement. No point in making power if you aren't putting it down right? Besides, it will help you get less of those "stuck" pics too!!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah Modman beat me too the punch. Certainly a taller lugged track would be on my list. Although you can dig even bigger holes with longer lugs!

I had drop brackets on my '04 and I could never get the suspension set up properly. Ended up taking them off.

With all the miles you guys put on in a season the track is a bit more than some bling add on's but well worth it.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
On my 04 I have a TERRA ALPS 830 done, works awsome. Lots of missing parts and a few extras that i could never figure out where they went anyway ( thats how i light weight my stuff) Soon to have a new chassis also from Ted. Lots of clutching and gearing combos tried and now i have it dialed.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a Holz rear skid in my 05 Summit X 151 - best thing I ever did to the sled. 2nd best purchase was MODS skis. Never a fan of the TEAM secondary - I ended up using an HCX roller secondary (couldn't use reverse, though...)

Top Bottom