Looking for more track speed

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We we're having races up a very set up hill today and was getting waxed by my brothers stock 2010 M8 153 by 3 sled lengths. I'm getting 40-41 mph(64-66km) track speed and pulling 8170 rpm. It's a 2012 M8 153" Camo extreme and a npp medium can. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
id go 1 tooth bigger on large gear, allow clutch to spin little faster (max power 8100-8300) allowing engine to pull track speed a little easier. 1 tooth bigger small gear is approx 4% jump. 21T to 22T. where as 1 bigger on large gear is 2%. 49T to a 50T. im actually finding my 2012 pc 153 over revs... 8450 rpm and has lower track speed 38 mph. so... im going to weight up my primary and see if i can get the secondary to spin a little faster. i did a test and put marker marks on the clutches and primary pulls to the top and secondary wont hit the bottom.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running the dalton adjustable weights so that's why I'm not over revving, but I can't remove anymore weight out of them either. I'll try going up one on the top gear as that's what other guys have been telling me to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could also look at a primary spring with a little lower finish rate to increase your upshift and make your clutching more responsive for boondocking. For drag racing you would want to throw as much weight as that clutch will pull at it. I'd load those Daltons up a couple of grams, and throw a 42/36 (somewhere in that range) helix in it if you're gonna be drag racing. I ran all over on the weekends hitting 660' drag races in SK/MB and the best drag racing set-ups were only good for that single purpose. Something to keep in mind before you clutch your deep powder mountain sled to be a hardpack drag racing sled.:beer:

aksnopro

Reaction score
I have both sleds and my 12 bcr waxes it every time on the hill or in a drag, im also seeing 46-47 mph track speeds at 0-5 k 42/40 helix orange secondary spring and 75 g weights.

-Aksnopro

Top Bottom