m1000 lost track speed - need advice

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I put the 2.5 camo extreme on my 08 stock m1000 - 162. Out this past weekend in the deep pow of Mcbride. Figure I have gone from 45 to 40 mph in terms of track speed. Is this a result of the super deep and relatively wet snow for those parts .... or the track? How do I get it back .... slp pipe or gear down? I figure I can do either for the same $$. IMO the sled runs a little rich, not super crisp and as per piston wash checks I'm rich..... So I'm leaning toward pipe set so I can tune a bit. BTW after making a change to fuel, how long does it take for the piston wash to represent the new change.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You lost track speed because your track is hooking up better. Even with less track speed you probably have more ground speed. Put a different exhaust on it and a fuel controller to clean it up. That should wake it up.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree ... I think I gained ground speed. I was climbing higher than others with same machine different track. I was just surprised on the amount of track speed loss with the change from last year. I can get a 1 year old slp pipe setup with pcv for $600 .... I`m thinking its a good buy for what I am looking for.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same sled it was a '08 M1000 sno pro 162. I put a camo extreme on it, speedwerx exhaust, boondocker box, digitron, minor intake changes and a bunch of clutching. All's i can say is if i was only getting 45mph track speed i wouldn't be happy. I used to usually pull like 62-65mph track speeds. I had the stock M1000 60/60 gears in it. Has yours had the ecu update done that they were campaigning in '09? If not that's best. They just richened them up. I had a sweet clutching set-up, but i hadnt tried the mds weights. I sold my 1000 a little over a month ago and now have a 2012 M8 162 its waiting for a camo extreme and it has mds weights in it but i havnt had a chance to try them out yet.

Top Bottom