New Axys first impressions - With Video

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Thought I would report on how I felt the new axys performed. I previously had a 2012 pro with a MTNTK full mod that ran well and made great power. I really think that the Axys makes great power. Its clutched really well and the motor revs lightning quick. Getting on and off the power is awesome with such a quick revving motor.

The chassis felt very nimble and really made tree riding a blast. Everyone that took turns driving it felt it was set up really well. We had some nice open hills and had a chance to climb with a few 163 and 174 T3 skidoo's. If you think an Axys will out climb them, your way wrong. I wouldn't even come close to the 174 and I could get to 3 or 4 sled lengths of the 163. That being said, I didn't buy the axys to climb all day.

It is so easy to side hill and hold a line. The fun factor is real high with this sled. We were in Revy over the weekend and riding at Boulder and Keystone. It holds 8250-8300 and steady 39-40 mph track speeds. We put on 86 miles in a day and a half and the mapping seems awesome. I only had one stumble were it made a weird sound at full throttle.

It uses a ton of oil, hopefully it will get better as the hrs add up.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you DragonWeld! Great sleds but will not keep up to a 174 T3 on a big climb, but very fun in trees! I had a chance to ride a 163 T3 back to back with my Axys 163x3 inch and found the Doo motor stronger but the sled felt heavier yet still maneuverable. Axys Pro felt lighter, snappier, and held a side hill thru rough stuff better. Both great sleds and we are lucky to have choices! Personal preference is what it comes down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You forgot one other thing Benny, the Axys can take a 4" diameter tree stump off the front end and send the rider ass over tea kettle without worry. Need to post that pic.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I agree with you DragonWeld! Great sleds but will not keep up to a 174 T3 on a big climb, but very fun in trees! I had a chance to ride a 163 T3 back to back with my Axys 163x3 inch and found the Doo motor stronger but the sled felt heavier yet still maneuverable. Axys Pro felt lighter, snappier, and held a side hill thru rough stuff better. Both great sleds and we are lucky to have choices! Personal preference is what it comes down...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was still in break in mode. Not sure if that will close the gap. The T3 climbs so well, I think for a 15 wide track, smaller lugs and less power, it did climb pretty good. It is quite a bit better than the pro, that's for sure.

Top Bottom