looking for help on the best mower for large acreage

sleded1

Reaction score
Exmark, its the industrial brand of Toro, ive got 3.5 acres to cut, and about 25+- trees to get around, and the ditch, done in 2.5 hours,,, here is the MOST IMPORTANT PART OF A MOWER, THE DECK, if it is made from stamped steel (the green model) then you are paying for the paint and the extra features. Look for a deck that is very deep, and quite thick, as you know sometimes landscaping takes place with these decks and some dirt and rocks and roots and bones and anything on the grass is pounded through these mowers. Also keep not that the spindles on the mowers (the part inside the deck) needs to be stout as well. Sometimes you get what you pay for....

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jdlager.jpg

Mike s

Reaction score
bought a country clipper this year amazing mower , very well built excellent value for what you get . Has the flip up deck , and easy to maintain , Plus has a joy stick for steering so you have a free hand for a beverage . Lol

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have two of the zero turn radius JDs... one for home and one for at the lake, they take a beating and come back for more. I would definitely recommend! the higher end models have enough HP to cut your lawn in the rain.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have two of the zero turn radius JDs... one for home and one for at the lake, they take a beating and come back for more. I would definitely recommend! the higher end models have enough HP to cut your lawn in the rain.

Well played sir. Lol

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a "Bush Hog" z-turn mower...20hp and 42" deck ...works great for my yard, as I have a few things to go around. Always a great cut and does a really nice job. Has a well-built deck...not a stamped deck !! Built solid and is pretty tough...as I have mowed stuff I probably shouldn't have !! LOL Dad has a "John Deere" z-turn ...kawy engine and 60" deck...he loves it . On his old garden tractor took him 4 hrs to cut everything. On a good day now he can do it in 45 mins - 1 hr with the Z-turn !! Once you own one ....you will never want a garden tractor mower again !!!

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As said before the grasshopper is amazing and will last a long time with the Diesel engine

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TORO... Do your research, these are great mowers. It takes the old lady about 3hrs to do 6 acres of lawn with our zero steer, only wish it had a bigger bagger.

Good luck

Top Bottom