Looking for advice for weekend trip

bjohnson

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for a good location to bring my son 13 and 2 others to introduce them into mountain riding. Ideally we would like to find easy access with riding for novice to intro-mediate riders...nothing too intimidating. Also we would love to find a cabin for rent for 4 that has some comfort ie. hot tub, tv, etc. We will be travelling from Cold Lake so would like to find something no further west than Valemont or McBride.
Any advise would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McBride, safest, easiest simpelist. Bell Mountain (West of Town) good beginger hill, Renshaw, Across the river, biggest riding area. 32km trail in. Has something for everyone. Lucille, In Town, Shortest trail in. I've never spent a whole lot of time there, Too steep for me.

Enjoy your trip

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are new to an area as well a guide isn't a bad investment. Helps with another set of eyes on the young one, instruction doesn't come Dad either. Check at local rental spots for your destination. Best of luck.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the same thing a couple years back, we rented this cabin/house, easy to get to, clean, great owners, hot tub was right off the deck..........

Was able to put the sleds in the garage at night so they were melted off and ready to go the next day....took the cross country skis and skiied around the area each morning......

We even snowmobiled around the area, and took the beginers up Bell and couple of times......

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/VacationR...unt_Robson_BC-Valemount_British_Columbia.html

Attachments

• IMGP4306C.jpg
    IMGP4306C.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

bjohnson

Reaction score
Thanks, how far was the access to the mountain riding locations from here?

Brian

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would also suggest Mcbride never rode bell but heard lots good about it for beginners Lucille is also good for beginners as long as you stay in the main area as for renshaw well its has something for everyone but the trail being 32k can discourage some people if its beat up and whooped up … lodging there is nv mountain view that has big cabins and its about 10 min east of town … i would also talk to the locals or glen at spindrift about where to go and where to avoid he will know whats groomed !!

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, how far was the access to the mountain riding locations from here?

Brian

It's about 4.5 km north of the Terracanna that puts it approx 40 km from McBride or Valemount......

There was a nice ride up the mountain right at the cabin, an old logging road.....made for a fun afternoon ride the day we arrived.....

Bell is your best bet for beginner's.......

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome to thr site . Enjoy,have fun, be safe, and best of luck on your trip.;)

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are ever down in the Fernie area let me know and my 13 year old son and I will take you two out.If you ride in the mountains make sure you both have all the avi gear.

Top Bottom