Looking for a silencer....

hougie

Reaction score
Hey guys, picked up my 2013 m8 153 last friday and can't decided on which can to get. I've read alot of forums about quality but haven't seen as much about sound. I'm looking for the quitest but still good quality, I've read hps is good but the video's i watch it seemed quite loud. Suggestions?

dlom8

Reaction score
The speedwerx can that came with my supercharger is very quiet I'm very happy with it

hougie

Reaction score
thank you for the replies so far, dlom the speedwerx says is quieter then stock. Which may be a bit too quiet. I've heard that the jaws are quite loud.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a cutler can on my PC and it sounds awesome. At idle it sounds stock but makes a nice sound when your on the throttle. It's no where near as loud as a jaws or mbrp but it is louder than the slp I had on an 09 M8. I only have around 150km on it so I'm sure it will get a touch louder in the future.

Cat man Doo

Reaction score
HPS all the way. Just installed one on my 13 an it sounds awesome. A little louder than stock but not obnoxious by any means. 16lbs. savings and looks pretty sick to !

fersch

Reaction score
Ive got a mbrp om my 2013 m8 and love it. Not to loud when on the throttle.

thekrust

Reaction score
Running the MBuRP on mine too. Louder than stock but not abnoxious at WOT and kinda quiet at idle.

hougie

Reaction score
My dealer stocks mbrp can's but i hadn't read much about them as far as quality.

thekrust

Reaction score
Very nicely built, all stainless construction, fits well. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Top Bottom