Long Lake Area

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thought I would post this here too. I am going up to my buddies at Newbrook on the 27 of Mar and was wondering if you could give us any good info on conditions and trails in the area. We are looking to ride on the 28 & 29 but we are a bit novice so would like some decent trails and even some powder if available. tia. Wouldn't mind some company or a good Guide LOL and don't mind meeting other sledders. My buddy from Newbrook and I are a shade over 60 and my buddy that is coming too is a little over 40 but we are all a little nuts and they are both Newfies so we have a good time. I just got a 04 RMK 600 and my bud rides a 97 Summit 583 and the other one has a 550 Cat I think. Looking forward to some replies. Thanks.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's getting pretty darn rough around , best to hit the pipeline and head south , still a few pockets that are still 1/2 desent but hopefully take care of that on saturday , will post what it was like , maybe a couple pic's to , but my experience with newfie's is you will just need a couple straight a ways and a tree at the end , nuff said eh:beer::beer:

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll be up there this weekend as well, coming down from Boyle. If the snow is good my boy and I will be up the following weekend as well.

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's getting pretty darn rough around , best to hit the pipeline and head south , still a few pockets that are still 1/2 descent but hopefully take care of that on saturday , will post what it was like , maybe a couple pic's to , but my experience with newfie's is you will just need a couple straight a ways and a tree at the end , nuff said eh:beer::beer:

I know where your coming from -- sometimes I feel the exact same way. LOL. Thanks.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We'll probably start south on the pipeline. Then head east to a river valley then have lunch at the trappers cabin. You know the area well?

not really , going to get on the pipeline and head south , probably have lunch at the cabin on the trans trail , poke off in through any goat trail we see , going with my 2 boy's and one of there buddies

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not really , going to get on the pipeline and head south , probably have lunch at the cabin on the trans trail , poke off in through any goat trail we see , going with my 2 boy's and one of there buddies

Where you staging from? How old are your boys? what sleds you riding just in case we see each other. About what time you heading up.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where you staging from? How old are your boys? what sleds you riding just in case we see each other. About what time you heading up.

will leave right from long lake , I have a 04 rev mod , 16 year has got a 154 xp black / blue , 10 year old has got a yellow / blk 550f mxz { for sale }, buddy will be riding wifes 550f summit , look on yellow post to see pic of mine , pg 6 or 7 , you guy's?????

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone staging at the gas station at the corner? Possibly looking ot get out on Saturday. Any others interested? Not sure where I want to head too, but if any offers for a ride are open I might join in.

Thanks.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm considering heading that way but don't have a trailer to haul 2 sleds.I would leave from the store if someone knows the way to the pipeline from the store,or i might just go to CP's..Also what time would you guys be heading out?

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm considering heading that way but don't have a trailer to haul 2 sleds.I would leave from the store if someone knows the way to the pipeline from the store,or i might just go to CP's..Also what time would you guys be heading out?

Weld... I'm heading up tonight, I'll probably start heading south down the pipeline between 9-10 am. Bringing me to the south end of long lake around 11. Then I'll head east about 15 miles to the edge of the reserve and play in the valley. If it helps you I can swing by tonight and pick up your sled, I do have the room.

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weld... I'm heading up tonight, I'll probably start heading south down the pipeline between 9-10 am. Bringing me to the south end of long lake around 11. Then I'll head east about 15 miles to the edge of the reserve and play in the valley. If it helps you I can swing by tonight and pick up your sled, I do have the room.

If your not gone already give me a shout before you leave,it would help me out abit.If your gone i'll call you Fri. evening

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
should be by happy's around 10:30 to 11:00 , will swing into parking lot , if you see big red truck , no sleds give me a wave and i will stop :beer:

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i talked to Catpride and he's gonna leave his cabin at about 9-10,so i'll probaby pass Happy's around 9 and get to CP's place by 9:30,leave by 10.If i see your truck at the store at the time i pass i'll stop in quickly.

Top Bottom