Long Lake and Boating

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on boating at long lake. What is the launch like? Is there a play ground for younger kids?

This is the lake on 831 south of Boyle

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
There is a provincial park there with a park and activities for the kids. Remember there may be a liquor ban in provincial parks. Also some of the water bombers are taking water from long lake for the fires in opal as it is good, wide and long enough to skim accross the top for water. They were clearing the water of boats for the last week. There is a boat launch there too

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanx Ron, I thought i heard they are pulling water out of half moon. But long lake looks like it would be an easier pull for them. Have you ever launched a boat there?

trailrider

Reaction score
I have put my boat in Long lake ,18.5 foot. Both of the launches there are good . TRAILRIDER

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there on the week end, Water boomers where about 100' away from are boat. Kids went nuts watching them touch down and get water. Lots of sand beaches and play grounds for the kids. Docks weren't put in yet is the only thing and you have to watch for rocks when pulling up to the shore.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
long lake launch is awesome bring beer and lawn chair and watch all the retards launch there boat there 3 out of 5 people cant backup hahahaha the lake is good not very wide but long and can get very busy out there in the summer:waterskiing:

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
all good at long , gets to busy on long weekends , some times they shut the launch down due to to much lake traffic , great park , good camping

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Is the only issue with the launch, the fact people cant back up or is it the launch?

Top Bottom