Little Bear

badgerstauffer

Reaction score
I am wanting to go from Emma Lake to Little Bear over the holidays for an overnight trip and back the next day. Does anyone know what the distance is roughly? and the best route to take?

saskpraireboy

Reaction score
hey , I've been over this trail system a lot over the years , I cant say exact mileage but it should be around the 150 mile mark . Less than 200 for sure

You wanna take trail 212A from Emma lake towards candle Lake , this trail changes to 205A , take this into candle . Fill with fuel . From Candle Lake take 205K until intersection with 205F . Take 205F ( fishing lake trail ), keep given-er on 205F , this trail will again change into 208E at another junction , keep going until junction with 208F . Take 208F , go to upper fishing lake . Get gas and dinner at caribou creek lodge . ( your in the boonies now ) , take 208A from caribou creek until junction with 208B . 208B will take you into little bear. These trails are all usually smooth , fast and fun .
If you have time do the run through the Eskers , You can access this from caribou creek ( upper fishing lake ), and that trail will also come out at little bear , this is seriously remote riding in that part of the country so have good gear .

Kirk

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely check out the eskers, you can see as far as physically possible, but if there is less than 3 feet of snow, you might have alot of bare patches up there, lots of sun exposure

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey , I've been over this trail system a lot over the years , I cant say exact mileage but it should be around the 150 mile mark . Less than 200 for sure

You wanna take trail 212A from Emma lake towards candle Lake , this trail changes to 205A , take this into candle . Fill with fuel . From Candle Lake take 205K until intersection with 205F . Take 205F ( fishing lake trail ), keep given-er on 205F , this trail will again change into 208E at another junction , keep going until junction with 208F . Take 208F , go to upper fishing lake . Get gas and dinner at caribou creek lodge . ( your in the boonies now ) , take 208A from caribou creek until junction with 208B . 208B will take you into little bear. These trails are all usually smooth , fast and fun .
If you have time do the run through the Eskers , You can access this from caribou creek ( upper fishing lake ), and that trail will also come out at little bear , this is seriously remote riding in that part of the country so have good gear .

Kirk
Hopefully it will be groomed, ive been on that caribou creek trail and its a ball breaker. Atleast there is ditches you can ride as well and not too many rocks. I was up at candle last week and no grooming, but they should have enough to groom now. This cold should freeze the lake up good too, i was on it in front of my cabin last weekend and i could hear it cracking, sounded like cables snapping. After we went for our ride the ice broke from expansion and piled on top of its self, and there was water where i was standing hahah.

Top Bottom